Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Cho Cho Ice Cream Bars From The 50's Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cho Cho Ice Cream Bars From The 50's -- page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

Tokeitwo 09-09-2010 @ 7:22 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Wow!  My sister and I were talking about Cho Cho pops just a couple of days ago!  We visited a little shop {Polka Dots} in Panama City Beach, FL that specializes in all kinds of retro things.  We asked the store owner about these blasts from the past and he was going to look into them as well.  I grew up in the late 50's/early 60's in Harrisburg, Pa. and we bought Cho Chos from the local drug store.  Ours were on a stick with the malt or toffee crunchies in the chocolate coating but the malt ice cream was the same.  I was SHOCKED to read posts from people that live near the area that I grew up in...Enola?  Shipoke?  Know them well.  Anyway, Popsicle, get in gear and get these things back on the market!!!  We miss them!

just my addition, Sharon

CathyC. 08-26-2010 @ 10:55 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
The Cho Cho I remember was a push up that we rolled between our hands to loosen it in order to push it up. Yummy.

Cathy

CathyC. 08-26-2010 @ 10:49 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I've been dreamin of Cho Chos for years! I was born and raised in San Francisco and got them from Joe's - the corner store in the Excelsior in the 60's. I think we might have gotten them from the ice cream truck as well. The closest thing I've found to the taste is Wendy's Chocolate Frosty - has a similar malt flavor.

Cathy Collins

bademento 07-26-2010 @ 3:39 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I won a bet.  You both are true to your form.  We have a little side emailings going on about the two of you.  Thanks for the laughs.

dagwood 07-26-2010 @ 3:34 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
On 3-16-2008 Diana had to reprimand bademento for bad mouthing. Looks like bademento needs another reprimand.

Also I noticed bademento posted on 6-26-2008 that she tried to create her own cho-cho recipe and failed. Is she jealous that somebody else succeeded? hmmmmmm!

bademento 07-26-2010 @ 6:56 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Richcreator and dagwood have declared that Richcreator's recipe IS THE OLD CHO CHO taste.  I tried it and it may be good, but I don't feel it is the same as in the 50's.  We are entitled to our opinion.  They both get upset when people are still on their quest to find the 50's Cho Cho and they have made this web site mean.  It may be time to shut it down because of both of them, Sad to say.  I can remember when Richcreator put the recipe on line and then he wrote, offended that no one including Diana thanked him.  After all this time I can see we either agree, or he takes another shot at whoever doesn't agree.  This was fun, until ...TextText

dagwood 07-26-2010 @ 5:24 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

quote:

Every carnival, circus or school picnic had cho cho's. Malted flavored and easily made soft. I would love to have one today.
Mike Connors

duh . . . all you have to do to have one is follow Rich Creator's recipe . . Confused

mikeconnors 07-21-2010 @ 6:55 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Every carnival, circus or school picnic had cho cho's. Malted flavored and easily made soft. You could peel the paper and push the malted ice cream up. I would love to have one today. I think my love for beer today started with the malt that made cho cho's so special.

Mike Connors

Richcreator 07-07-2010 @ 6:17 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
This website, Diana's Desserts, is the only place I have placed a link to my recipe and there are now over 800 hits already to my recipe. In other words, over 800 people have linked to my recipe from this site.
Anybody who refuses to accept or acknowledge my recipe does so deliberately and people like Nancy and dwells are only playing contempt games.  Gasp

TessTruehart 07-07-2010 @ 2:16 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
It's sad that Nancy is not playing with a full deck

but Nancy does not dissapoint dwells.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts