Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Cho Cho Ice Cream Bars From The 50's Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cho Cho Ice Cream Bars From The 50's -- page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

Bruno 05-18-2012 @ 10:49 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Diana herself started this thread by asking for a Cho Cho recipe. This thread has anything but cho cho recipes. People ask where they can be  bought. People tell how much they liked them but I only saw one complete recipe posted and everybody ignores this recipe including Diana. I read all the way through this thread and I didn't see Diana give any thanks to the person posting the only recipe.The recipe by Rich Creator 3 years ago now has the same exact taste as the Cho Cho's sold at the V&S sandwich shop for $1.09 each in Sinking Springs PA today. Thank you Diana for being contemptable.

clmatt 05-09-2012 @ 1:11 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I really love this kind of ice cream! It's delicious and one of my favorite sweets! Once I found a possibility to order it from serenata.com! Have you tried this already? This is really comfy. The Cho Cho Bars are really good there! (although I cannot see them right now, maybe they're out of stock right now?

bozzie 04-22-2012 @ 12:29 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Having grown up in the St.Louis area, I remember Cho CHO Ice
cream bars as a kid. I also remember vendors at the old Sportsmans park Cardinal baseball stadium selling
them on warm days at the stadium.

I've never found a real recipe for them, but a friend who worked at a regional ice cream maker once told me that the chocolate malt ice cream also had some flour
added as well as binder to prevent quick melting of
their product. Mixed all ingredients then filled the cups and frozen.  Never found out how much flour was added to the soft Ice cream. I just remember how great they tasted.

Jim

Keep it real
Jim

Maryannm 04-14-2012 @ 4:23 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have had something similar to this called a Melo roll.  We are going all the way back to my childhood in the mid sixties.  Have not seen them since, but they were so good, still in my memory bank.

Kindest Regards,
MAM

joeljackson2 04-09-2012 @ 1:41 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
What's a Cho Cho Bar Barrell?

Yours,
JOEL

kbpot 04-06-2012 @ 10:41 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have a Cho Cho bar barrell. I plan on selling it on ebay, are there any collectors here who would be interested in purchasing it? respond for pictures  Smile

kori

bonnieleibold 01-29-2012 @ 5:36 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Absolutely do remember them.  Walked past the bakery
every day on my way to school that sold them.  Every
time I eat a Wendy's chocolate frosty it makes me think
of them.  I've also never had anyone else ever tell me
that they remember them either.  I live in eastern
Pennsylvania, so they evidently were nationwide.  The
cho-cho's that we had didn't have any chocolate crunch
as someone else described.  Just the round frozen
malted ice cream on a stick that you rolled in your
hands to get the paper wrapper off.  I wonder if a
frozen 'frosty' on a stick would taste like the cho-
cho's of past?????

Bonnie Leibold

chochojulie 12-13-2011 @ 8:11 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi! I am Julie from Julie's Olde-Tyme Cho-Chos in Reading, PA. I brought cho-chos back to the Reading area about 5 years ago, and they are currently sold in several locations locally. Some of those places include: V&S-Sinking Spring, Kwik-Shoppe-Shoemakersville, Hershey Harvest-Laureldale, The Dog House-Reading, T&C's Market-Leesport, and C&R Sandwich Shop in Antietam. I hope that this helps some of you who have been looking for cho-chos to make a comeback. They are very creamy and delicious - and I have been told they taste very much like the originals (I am 27, so I was not around for the original cho-chos). If you do try them, please let me know what you think! I would appreciate if you would "like" my page on Facebook as well. Just search for Julie's Olde-Tyme Cho-Chos. Take care everyone, and Merry Christmas!

Marinne 12-12-2011 @ 11:23 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I grew up eating Cho Chos in Reading PA. I would get them from the ice cream man coming down the street. You can still buy them there. Julie's Olde Tyme Cho Chos. Reading, PA 19605. Email address JOTCC@comcast.net
I still enjoy them when I get home to visit.

hvac_01453 12-06-2011 @ 4:55 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
When I was 13YO a stray dog followed me home from school. He was a hideous looking dog but I thought he was pissa! He was about 65# B&W terrior mix that looked like the egg sucker dog in the Disney film.  Earlier in the day The ice cream man drove by and I got an ice cream called a ChoCho bar.  I live in Mass and the big ice cream manufactureris HP Hood & Sons or just Hood. I saw online they made a Cho Cho crunch bar and it appears that they have automobile trading cards. I shared  the ice cream with the dog and he stayed around. I got to keep him... so I named him Cho Cho. I took him everywhere, and I mean everywhere including restaurants, church,... I don't remember the ice cream, but I do the dog... its was spring 1964.a poster is available online for $15 http://www.retroplanet.com/PROD/30194

Nothing is so easy it can't be done wrong.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts