Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Cho Cho Ice Cream Bars From The 50's Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cho Cho Ice Cream Bars From The 50's -- page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Ljdavid 09-20-2014 @ 3:31 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have talked about the Cho Cho bar for years! The only place that I
ever remember having it was at the lake we used to belong to.
Lakeland Acres in Cortland, NY) They were my absolute favorite!
Today, my husband and I stopped in our nearby Rite Aid where they
actually sell ice cream cones and cups! They had a Malted choco
crunch ice cream! OMG! It reminded me of the Cho Cho bars! Yum! I
will be returning to buy more asap! I'll skip the cone next time,
because it took away from the deliciousness! Maybe I'll get some to
take home!  So much for my diet!  Smile

Ljdavid

LJP 11-04-2014 @ 12:08 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I've just received a message from Nestlé's regarding
Cho Chos.
I think if we can more people to write requesting the return of our favorite ice cream treat, perhaps it would happen.
LJP

Dear Ms. Peppiatt,

Thank you for your email regarding Nestlé® Ice Cream Cups. We always enjoy hearing from our consumers with suggestions about ways to improve our products.

Our flavor team works year-round experimenting with new flavor ideas or modifications to flavors we already offer. While we cannot guarantee that your request will be acted upon immediately, we can assure you that we will pass along your suggestion to our flavor team members for their consideration.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely,

Roberto Pachino
Consumer Response Representative

Ref:26156404

LJP

muabui 11-23-2014 @ 2:53 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
My blog is about Ice
Creams, Sorbets and Gelatos
. I will guide you to
make Ice Creams, sorbets and Gelatos with many flavors
from around the world through my experiences. Come
back to our childhood with me.

My blog is about <a
href="http://www.ice-
cream.info/">Ice Creams,
Sorbets and Gelatos</a>

MikeSosa 01-27-2015 @ 10:06 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I was searching Google for Cho Cho Ice Cream and came across this discussion.  I also thought no one remembered.  That was my favorite ice cream bar in the early 1960s when I lived in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.  

Who made the ice cream - Nestles or Hershey's?  I used to love the crunchy malt flavor where the inside was not totally chocolate or vanilla.  

One time I was hanging out with the son of a bodega owner while my dad helped the owner build shelves.  Well I got in so much trouble because the son and I each ate anywhere from six to eight each cho cho bars in one sitting.  That was the summer I graduated from sixth grade.  I think it was the summer of 1963.

Wonder whatever happened to those ice cream bars.  Man would I love to have one.

As an aside, in the Puerto Rican community the name was amusing and as kids we got a kick out of it because it very very closely sounds a like a vulgar term for a female body part.

While I have only read a few of the posts I know I am not crazy (at least as it relates to this ice cream. further, I have found a community that loves the same ice cream I so loved growing up in Williamsburg, Bklyn and will never forget (that taste).  

Jim 01-29-2015 @ 7:58 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Since the 2003 blog posts, it's interesting to read the different
experiences with what is called the Cho Cho malt ice cream treat.
The Cho Cho that I knew and loved came on a stick in a round 5-oz
size cup with a colorful clown picture on the wrapper. This was during
the late 40's thru 60's. It wasn't the typical Eskamo pie type thing with
a coating or crunch........just a smooth malt ice cream......you rolled
the cup between your hands to soften the frozen treat, then when the
malt was softened, the clown wrapper could be slipped off revealing
a malt treat with a perfect consistency for licking!!  I think the clown
wrapper and process was part of the fun.

Best Regards, Jim

bademento 01-29-2015 @ 4:03 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
how do I show a photo of the original cup with the
clown?

choachobar 12-09-2015 @ 7:16 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Came acrossed this site and got a kick out of it.  I grew up just outside of Philly and the Jack and Jill ice cream truck came around every day.  I ended up with the nick name Choachobar, Choach for short.  Evan a song. Joey you want a rocket no I want a choachobar, joey you want an ice cream sandwich no I want a choachobar and so on.  I got the nick name in the 60s and when I see some of the old neighborhood boys they still call me choach today. A great malted ice cream stick

SteeltonGirl 01-25-2016 @ 6:09 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

johnnyhypes 03-11-2016 @ 4:36 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

globalservices 03-04-2017 @ 1:40 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts