Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Cho Cho Ice Cream Bars From The 50's Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cho Cho Ice Cream Bars From The 50's -- page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

dagwood 07-28-2009 @ 8:38 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Bademento paid $160.00 for a dozen popsicles that tasted nothing like a cho cho.
I'd be angry too but she should be angry at herself and not angry at others.

dwells 07-28-2009 @ 9:23 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Heard back from Popsicle.  Strike out.  Here is the response:

"To the best of our knowledge Popsicle did not own the right to the
product you mentioned below.

Kind regards,
Your friends at Good Humor-Breyers"

A few pages back, someone mentioned that the Navy had Cho Cho's.  But nothing was ever mentioned again.  I tried searching menus ect... for the Ships but couldn't locate anything.  Anyone know an active Sailor????

dagwood 07-28-2009 @ 11:09 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
What are you searching for? What good would a sailor do you?
This thread was started by Diana in December of 2002.
Since then it has been proven that an original cho cho does not exist.
It has been proven that all imitations do not taste like a cho cho.
Do you think it is so much fun to seach for the impossible? Do you enjoy hoping and searching for something that does not exist?
Yea gads, ladies, after 8 years, deal with the truth.
In 2002 Diana requested a recipe for a cho cho. A recipe was posted a few days ago. Can't you ladies  make a simple recipe and enjoy what you have been searching for for the last 8 years?
Or do you resent the fact that the recipe was created by a man?

This message was edited by dagwood on 7-28-09 @ 11:12 AM

Mr_Roarke 07-28-2009 @ 12:00 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I had a cho cho I think I was in Chicago at the time I think it was in 1967 or maybe it was 1972 or between then and I really liked that cho cho. Does anybody know where I can buy cho choes or does you know how maybe I can make one? Thanks in advance.

Richcreator 07-28-2009 @ 1:15 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I got around to being curious about the cost of the cho cho's I make with my recipe. Give or take a nickel or a dime, each cho cho of mine cost about 20 cents. And my cho cho's taste far more like the original chocolate malted cho cho.
People seem to be willing to pay 70 cents each for an imitation that tastes nothing like a cho cho or
people seem to be willing to wait until the end of time for nothing.
I made a dozen cho cho's the other day. Today I made 18 more, but I whipped the batter to incorporate more air and make them more creamy and I got 18 instead of 12. These 18 cho cho's that I made today cost me $2.25 total.  

I just happened to think of something that happened a few years ago. A woman came into the diner and asked for a piece of apricot pie. The waitress said they never have apricot pie. The woman  was so distressed because she craved apricot pie so bad. I said to her, "why don't you go home and make yourself an apricot pie?" She gave me a dirty look, much like the dirty look I feel like I get here.
I never buy pie or cake. I always make my own, whatever flavor I crave. I depend on nobody. And I never do without.

This message was edited by Richcreator on 7-28-09 @ 1:38 PM

rene3212 07-28-2009 @ 3:30 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Ok!  I am going to the grocery store tomorrow and hope by the time I get home my ice cream is not completely melted since the temp in Schertz, TX has been hovering in the +100 degree range every day.  I also hope that they have the two different malts to add in to the ice cream.

To Richcreater:  I might not have had the original Cho-Cho from the 50's but the ones that I had growing up in Reading, PA from the Muhlenberg Dairy were pretty **** good.  If this recipe is anything close to that, I will be extremely happy.  

To the rest of you,  Why not try the recipe for yourselves....then you can decide if they taste the way you remember them from your younger days.  What is it going to hurt.

Adios Amigos from Schertz, TX

dwells 07-28-2009 @ 4:32 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
dag, many questions you have.  Most answers are found by rereading this topic's thread.  I love researching and I have learned soooo much from this thread!  If we would have stopped 8 yrs ago, our cho cho knowledge would be so much less.  I think it is great that someone took the time to post a cho cho version recipe..  And for our Cho Cho fans, Carnation malt flavors, both vanilla and chocolat is $3.98 each at WalMart here in Oklahoma.  Not everything has been "proven".  There are many assumptions.  Being a male, I'm not sure what I should be resenting....

diana 07-28-2009 @ 7:04 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
A Thankful Note To All,

I so appreciate all of your input, information and history on the Cho Cho. I started this forum subject on December 4, 2002 and I never expected so much interest.

I agree with some of you who have so graciously commented on this subject, but I have to agree that this was supposed to be fun, and it has now become somewhat angry. I am sad for this. I am asking that any comments made from now on be helpful and hopefully pleasant, otherwise I will have to stop this particular subject on my forum. I hate to do this as my wish was and still is that Diana's Desserts Website Forum be a place where guest's to the site can express themselves, but definitely in a PLEASANT manner.

I really care about all of you and I do hope you continue to use this forum for pleasant enjoyment and for a giving and learning experience.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

Richcreator 07-28-2009 @ 10:53 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I wouldn't care if the temperature was 200 degrees, it wouldn't stop me from shopping for ice cream.
I use thermal and/or insulated bags.
It pays to be a thinker.

Another "Giving" and "Learning" experience.

Smile

Your Code Goes Here 
 Your Code Goes Here 
 Your Code Goes Here 
 Your Code Goes Here 
 Your Code Goes Here 

This message was edited by Richcreator on 12-4-09 @ 7:48 PM

jonitn 07-29-2009 @ 4:46 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
THANK ALL OF YOU THAT TOOK THE EXTRA STEP TO FIND A COMPRABLE RECIPE...RICH YOU ARE RIGHT "PRETTY DAM CLOSE"...I'M ENJOYING THE TREAT THANKS FOR FIGURING THIS LITTLE CONCOCTION OUT............DIANA  THANKS FOR STARTING THE BALL ROLLING..EVERYBODY ELSE...CALM DOWN.

Joni

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts