Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Cho Cho Ice Cream Bars From The 50's Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cho Cho Ice Cream Bars From The 50's -- page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

nikki 11-22-2009 @ 1:20 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have not read many of these posts because I am not familiar with the product.  But I just saw that there had been some recent posts and decided to read the most recent.....Some people are strung a little tight if you ask me....
Y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving.

"Grandma Ikki"

TomNyhan 11-22-2009 @ 7:44 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
aha ChoChos, a summer-winter delight. my Grandmother (RIP) gave us, I was a twin, a nickle on Sunday morning after mass to buy a Cho Cho from the corner grocery store. In San Francisco, every intersection had at least one it seemed.When you picked out your Cho Cho you dug deep in the freezer for the coldest ones, then warm it up by rubbing it between your hands.
This was in the 1940s. We had a summer home in Guerneville on the Russian River, a small grocery next to deSmit's Resort had Cho Chos too.

Mimi 11-23-2009 @ 8:54 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hey T,
Thanks for the memory, as usual.  We had our summer place at Camp Meeker.  Remember the great hot dog place...I think it was Monte Rio.  Started with R.  Ah OH off topic.  Oh we had Cho Cho's in Camp Meeker... I think.  Happy Thanksgiving!  Mimi

Richcreator 12-03-2009 @ 8:29 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I eat cho cho's any time I want.
I've been eating cho cho's all summer and fall
and now I have lost a taste for them. Dreaming of the past is okay if you have nothing else but dreams but I
have cho cho's anytime so I've forgotten about the past.
http://webstarts.com/richcreations/

snoboard 12-03-2009 @ 9:15 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Cho-Cho Bars - before my time, I guess?  But you said they're ice cream bars, http://www.goodygoodygumdrops.com.au/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=760&category_id=58 , doesn't look like an ice cream bar to me!

snoboard 12-03-2009 @ 9:27 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Cho cho bars from http://www.foodtimeline.org/foodicecream.html#chocho

According to the records of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Cho Cho ice cream novelties were introduced by the Carnation Company June 6, 1939. The trademark was reassigned to the Popsicle Company in 1982. The brand/product expired in 2003. Original record here:

"Word Mark CHO-CHO Goods and Services (CANCELLED) IC 030. US 046. G & S: Ice Cream. FIRST USE: 19390605. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19390605 Mark Drawing Code (5) WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS IN STYLIZED FORM Design Search Code Serial Number 71420448 Filing Date June 13, 1939 Current Filing Basis 1A Original Filing Basis 1A Registration Number 0378236 Registration Date June 4, 1940 Owner (REGISTRANT) Carnation Company CORPORATION DELAWARE 100 West 10th Street Wilmington DELAWARE (LAST LISTED OWNER) Popsicle Industries, Inc. UNKNOWN Englewood NEW JERSEY Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED Type of Mark TRADEMARK Register PRINCIPAL Renewal 2ND RENEWAL 19800604 Live/Dead Indicator DEAD Cancellation Date June 22, 2001"

"America's gone Cho-Cho! Boys, girls, men, women...millions thrilled by big feast of cooling, delicious, nourishing. Chocolate Malted ice Cream for a Nickel! Yes, everywhere the great news is spreading about CHO-CHO-the brand-new "taste thrill way" to eat malted ice cream! And no wonder...for you've never had anything like CHO-CHO before! It's a big, nourishing feast of delicious ice cream, chock full of theat rich, chocolate malted flavor everybody loves. You, too, will be wild about CHO-CHO! Just think! For only a nickle you can get this big, tasty treat--on a stick--of delicious ice cream chock full of rich chocolate malted flavor. Look! it's Easy to Eat CHO-CHO. Here's all you do. Hurry to your favorite ice cream dealer's and get a CHO-CHO now. Then, one!--roll the cup between your hands. Two!--press bottoms of cup with your thumb. There!--pull out with the stick. And you're all set to enjoy the grandest-tasting ice cream sensation in years. Join the crowds that are flocking to your ice cream dealer's now. Hear them cheer this new way to eat chocolate malted ice cream. And discover an exciting new taste thrill--with CHO-CHO! See special, money-saving introductory coupon. CHO-CHO Company, Milwaukeee, Wisconsin."
---Display ad, Los Angeles Times, April 28, 1940 (p. G3) [NOTE: This ad contains illustrations of the product and copy of the coupon.] TextText

Richcreator 12-03-2009 @ 3:59 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hey, Snoboard,
Go to my website and read all about Cho Cho's and then make your own following my recipe and you will not have any more questions and you will be in the know. Easy as pie.
          http://webstarts.com/richcreations/

bademento 12-03-2009 @ 11:19 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I tried the recipe.  The recipe is for the Cho Cho not the Cho Cho Bar since I saw the Cho Cho cup picture?  Along the way this web site switched to the Cho Cho.  I see NOW that it was intended for the Cho Cho Bar.   They were not at all the same.  I liked the recipe for the Cho Cho.  I didn't like the Cho Cho Bar of the 50's.  So people should be aware that this site does discuss two different ice creams.  I never realized that until a few months ago.

engineer3 12-23-2009 @ 3:19 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi,

Try visiting this link for the "Chocolate Malt Bars" recipe - http://www.thathomesite.com/forums/load/dessertex/msg1109282029728.html?15. I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but I hope it would help.

Happy Holidays! Smile

Sincerely,

Mr_Roarke 01-01-2010 @ 11:41 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Engineer3,
The Cho Cho's have been found months
ago. Haven't you read the comments? Nobody is looking
for anything like what you linked to. Are you a troll?
or
maybe you had too much to drink for the New Year?

This message was edited by Mr_Roarke on 1-1-10 @ 11:43 AM

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts