Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Cho Cho Ice Cream Bars From The 50's Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cho Cho Ice Cream Bars From The 50's -- page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

dagwood 07-29-2009 @ 4:46 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I'd like to say something to Diana now, at this point in this thread, before bademento makes another uncalled for, wiseass remark.
I noticed the post on page 18 immediately following the graphics post by Richcreator showing his cho cho recipe where bademento said (again in reply to the recipe) quote: "Richcreator is ruining our site" unquote

Going back to page 9, 3/16/2008, Diana had to warn bademento:
quote=Diana:Okay kids, let's keep it civil. This is definitely a friendly site and I feel sad that there is "anger" between quests.
I want sfgate and bademento to agree to "disagree". Life is too short." unquote

Who is the trouble maker here?

Richcreator 07-29-2009 @ 5:28 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Here's a great idea. I've had these plastic popsicle molds for years and they would make ideal popsicles for the kiddies. Of course, today's designs would be different but they can be bought at places like Target, KMart or Walmart.

Richcreator 07-30-2009 @ 6:52 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I've created a web site to publish my Cho Cho recipe creation
as a deterrent to anyone thinking to plagerize by creation.
I will be updating it frequently. Smile
http://webstarts.com/RichCreations/

This message was edited by Richcreator on 7-31-09 @ 10:00 PM

bademento 07-30-2009 @ 10:00 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Is it 3 or 4 tablespoons of Carnation Choc. malt.  On Diana's is says 3.  On the website it says 4.   And, is there a vanilla ice cream Richcreator would suggest.  There are so many.  I tried it already and I would like to try it again but I need to know a good Vanilla to use and whether it is 3 or 4 tablespoons.  And, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

jonitn 07-31-2009 @ 6:46 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
RICH     Brilliant Cool Indifference

Joni

GBoone 08-01-2009 @ 6:35 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
WOW Rich Creator, your site is fantastic
and so is your recipe!!!!!!

rene3212 08-03-2009 @ 6:23 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
To my relief, my ice cream did not melt too much on the way home, and they had both flavors of malt at my local store.  I got some cups and since they did not have popsicle sticks, I used plastic spoons instead.

RICH:  I tried the recipe and it is close to what I remember.  I do think it needs a little more chocolate malt though.  After reading a few replies to this forum since my last, I will have to check out your website for myself.

I would like to thank you for giving me a chance to bring this great snack to my kids. They liked the Cho-Cho's so much that they ate them all in one night!  They wanted me to go out the next day and get more ice cream so they could make them.  I'll have to try making a gallon next time.

DIANA:  Thank you for this web-site!  I'll continue to watch this particular forum and i'll have to check and see what other forum's you have that I would be interested in.  You have brought back a childhood memory and made it possible to pass on to another generation!

joeljackson2 08-03-2009 @ 12:16 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
To get a more Chocolate flavor, which I think is more authenic. Just use 4 Tablespoons of CHOCOLATE MALT instead of one vanilla and three CHOCOLATE.It's just like I remember here in West TN in 1948. I think the QUEST is OVER. Just remember to use Real Ice Cream NOT iced Milk.
JOEL

Yours,
JOEL

Richcreator 08-04-2009 @ 7:05 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Again, I was born in 1935. I was 4 years old when the original Cho Cho was first sold and I was 10 years old in 1945 and I surely remember the malt flavor, not the chocolate flavor. All the imitations since the original had a chocolate flavor and they still do today and nobody raves like they raved over the original because the original Cho Cho was more malty than it was chocolate.
I found that the Schwan food service Co. sells & delivers a Chocolate Malt Push Up. You must buy 24 @ $11.99 (50 cents each). Again, people say that there is not enough malt flavor.

http://webstarts.com/RichCreations/

This message was edited by Richcreator on 8-4-09 @ 7:14 AM

bspavor 09-09-2009 @ 5:11 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I'm 67 years old and one of my best momories is my brother taking me on his bike to get a CHO CHO. The store was about a mile away The great thing about the CHO CHO are the memories.  Everything taste better when your a kid, and we all want that back. I just feel better knowing you are all my friends.
Love to all
Cookie

Cookie

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts