Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / Looking for Chesscake etc. rest's Chesscake recipes Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Looking for Chesscake etc. rest's Chesscake recipes -- page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

chefclarence 10-29-2004 @ 7:55 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
[Hello Pumpkin
It is interesting to know that you prefer your cheesecake to be denser and heavier, you can do so by reducing the amount of whipped eggwhites;in fact I do not use eggwhites at all, just Mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, eggyolks, sugar along with liqueur and/or chocolate/fruit puree/green tea/espresso. The texture is similar to Old Fashion ice cream.
Happy baking
Chefclarence

Buon Appetito

scooby 04-07-2005 @ 9:49 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I used to work and bake at Cheesecake etc in the early 80's.  And need to confirm that it's the good ol' baked type using only eggs, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla - and not the unbaked gelatin style as "chefclarence" have mentioned.  The reason for its lightness is due to fact that its really whipped up incorporating lots of air.

I have to admit that I never tried to make it at home because it's always hard to break down a large recipe (the recipe yielded something like 8 whole cheesecakes per batch), involved a convection oven and industrial blender.  After baking, the cheesecakes would be frozen in their glass baking bowls (over a day) and would then be quickly unmolded from their bowls over a flame from the gas stove, saran wrapped and refrozen.  Only then would they be unwrapped, sliced (needs lots of strength to cut thru!) and defrosted on their serving plates in the fridge.

Maybe now you'll see why I never attempted to bake them at home, and instead enyoyed them there.  It's been over 20 yrs since I worked there, but I do miss it.

Also the strawberries used are frozen but of a good quality.  I would recommend to use frozen strawberries mixed up with fresh ones for topping.

Hope this helps!

Scooby

AhlongFan 05-29-2005 @ 11:41 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
scooby, could you please exposes the real recipe for us to try? like the instructions and everything? I live in Toronto and I tried that once, and really liked it, hope I could taste that again and bake it for my girlfriend. Thank you!

diGitel 02-16-2012 @ 5:48 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Their cheesecake looks un cooked because it's so white, however the top has cracks on it.  If it's not cooked why the cracks?

marialhg 01-23-2014 @ 10:16 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi i would like to know if you ended up using the gelatine and if you indeed used mascarpone cream or regular cream cheese for this récipe...!! I am dying to eat this cheesecake again.. I lived in Vancouver over 20 years ago and this was my absolute favorite place to go for cheesecake!"!!!

Sghir40 01-23-2015 @ 1:15 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Strawberry Cheesecake

Ingredients:::

-1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
-2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
-1 tablespoon cornstarch
-3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
-1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
-1/4 cup lemon juice
-3 eggs
-1 tablespoon water

Directions:::

1.Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.

2.Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.

3.Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

4.In a blender or food processor, combine strawberries and cornstarch; cover and process until smooth.

5.Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes.

6.Set aside 1/3 cup strawberry sauce; cool.

7.Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce for serving.

8.In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in milk.

9.Add lemon juice; mix well. Add eggs, beat on low just until combined.

10.Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over crust.

11.Drop half of the reserved strawberry mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto cream cheese layer.

12.Carefully spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over sauce.

13.Drop remaining strawberry sauce by 1/2 teaspoonfuls on top.

17.With a knife, cut through top layer only to swirl strawberry sauce.

15.Bake at 300 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set.

16.Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.

17.Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.

18.Refrigerate overnight.

19.Remove side of pan. Thin chilled strawberry sauce with water if desired; serve with cheesecake.

Finally, Store in the refrigerator.

Low Calorie Desserts

Sghir40 04-05-2015 @ 8:00 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Ok this my best low calorie strawberry dessert recipes: http://www.lowcaloriedesserts.us/strawberry-dessert-recipes

i hope it help you Smile

This message was edited by Sghir40 on 4-5-15 @ 8:02 AM

kaynefel85 06-18-2015 @ 8:50 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
A no bake lemon cheesecake recipe:

For the biscuit base

10 digestive biscuits
75g/3oz butter, melted
1 tbsp clear honey

For the filling

700g/1½ lb mascarpone cheese
2 lemon, juice and zest
200g/7oz caster sugar, plus more to taste
4 tbsp icing sugar
mint, to garnish

For the sauce

450g frozen summer fruits, defrosted
icing sugar, to taste

Felicity
-----
Lemonade Wise -
Your Guide to the Lemonade Diet

This message was edited by kaynefel85 on 6-18-15 @ 8:53 AM

ben007 12-07-2017 @ 1:42 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

henry778 03-02-2018 @ 12:09 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts