Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / Looking for Chesscake etc. rest's Chesscake recipes Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Looking for Chesscake etc. rest's Chesscake recipes -- page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Pumpkin 10-18-2004 @ 12:40 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
There is dessert place called "cheesecake etc." in Vancouver. The chesscake there is soft and smooth, plus the flesh strawberry topping, I could not forget the tastie experienced there.

Since I moved to Hong Kog now, it's hard to taste these yummy cakes anymore. Are there any Vancouver cookers who knows how make these yummy chesscake? Question Please teach me, or give me some tips how to make them!

chefclarence 10-19-2004 @ 12:06 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello Pumpkin
Yes many Vancouverites like the cheesecake at the dessert place. Actually it is a spin-off version of Italian dessert Semi-Freddo, or half frozen cheesecake. It does not involve baking, or using gelatin. An easy way to make it is to cook eggyolks and sugar over simmering water to 140F to kill the Salmonella, then add cream cheese(I use Imported Italian mascarpone cream) mix well, fold in whipped cream, turn the mixture into cheesecake pan or pastry ring, smooth top, cover and freeze for 6 hours. Enjoy!
The actually preparation takes only 20 minutes plus freezing time. The only critical point is temperature control. I have taught hundreds of students to make Freddo Cheesecakes, in 14 flavors. Too bad you did not attend my cooking class on dessert creations in Vancouver, B.C. Canada.
Happy baking
Chefclarence

Buon Appetito

Pumpkin 10-19-2004 @ 12:55 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thanks for your reply and the tips, chef Clarence!

Too bad, I'm already moved to HK, otherwise I could directly learn from you! Tell the true, I never make any cake before, this gonna be my first time. By asking ard my friends and searching thru the internet, I found a recipe below, do you think this is what i'm looking for?

Could you please teach me here? Smile

Mascarpone cream 125g
Cream 100g
white suger 40g
gelatine 8g
eggwhite 2
eggyolk 2
water 250ml

1 Made the cream, freeze it for later use
2 Melt the cheese for later use
3 Gelatine with water
4 Blend the cheese, plus suger and yolk, and keep blend
5 Add (3) genatine with water into the cheese and blend
6 Add (1) the cream a
7 Blend the eggwhite until it became thick and add them into the cheese as well
8 Freeze it over night

chefclarence 10-19-2004 @ 10:14 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
[Hello Pumpkin
The recipe is similar to mine, I don't put water and gelatin in my frozen desserts because they do not freeze well; the eggyolks need to be cooked to 64C to kill the bacteria. Freeze the cheesecake until ready  to serve.
Good luck
Chefclarence

Buon Appetito

Pumpkin 10-20-2004 @ 11:42 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello, chefclarence

You really are the Expert! You already told me i should pay attention at the temp. control, and I still got trapped.

My first try has been fail. The cake had been freezed for 12 hours, but it like a bowl of milkshake! Indifferent  

May I ask is there any substitution to replace the gelatin or i simple skip that? and, should i put the cake into the refrigerator or the freezer, but i am afraid the freezer might became be too cold and generate icy in the cake. Could you please give me more help on this?

Million thanks!!

Pumpkin 10-22-2004 @ 12:54 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello, chefclarence

I had successfully made the cake on my 2nd try. Thank you!

BUT i have one last question, and it's nothing do with the cake itself. I wanna know how I can made a canned strawberry to become sweet enough for be served with the cake. Could any help me on this?

chefclarence 10-22-2004 @ 8:08 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello Pumpkin
I suppose you want to make a simple strawberry topping for your frozen cheesecake? An easy way is to melt some red currant jelly or raspberry jelly cool slightly, add some sliced strawberries and a teaspoonful of orange liqueur, easy enough?
Chefclarence

Buon Appetito

Pumpkin 10-22-2004 @ 11:26 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
sorry, my question was not clear enough.

I was wondering how to make the strawberries source like the restaurants in Vancouver, sweet and tastie. i can buy canned strawberries here, but the tastie not the same.

could you help?

chefclarence 10-23-2004 @ 8:43 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
[Hello Pumpkin
The recipe I post was fresh strawberry topping for cheesecake or sundae; use only fresh or frozen IQF strawberries because canned one would be too mushy and way too sweet.
Happy baking
Chefclarence

Buon Appetito

Pumpkin 10-29-2004 @ 3:17 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Dear Chefclarence,

Yes, you are very right, the canned strawberry would be too mushy and way too sweet. Gotta buy some fresh strawberry on my next cake! (they could be very expensive here in Hong Kong)Thank you very much for you tips, they are very useful!

Suddenly a brainstom question in mind, could you tell me what if i change the proportion on the "Cream Chess", "Cream" and "egg white", how can i make the cake more thicker, abit harder on the texture?

again, thank you!!

Pumpkin

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts