Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / COTTON SOFT JAPANESE CHEESE CAKE Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: COTTON SOFT JAPANESE CHEESE CAKE -- page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

angelangsw 11-12-2008 @ 7:39 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Alright, i'm gg to try tt out again today! finished my chocolate version
alrdy haha..thanks so much..

Irene 11-12-2008 @ 7:01 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Angel,
Sorry for the late reply. Rather busy lately. Well about the flavouring. Sorry to tell you I havn't try baking this cheesecake with chocolate flavour yet so I can't help you on that.

But maybe you can try this. Add a teaspoon of chocolate paste to the milk and don't add the lemon juice. Maybe this might work. Good Luck

Irene

This message was edited by Irene on 11-12-08 @ 7:02 PM

angelangsw 11-12-2008 @ 7:29 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
oh well.. can anyone give me some suggestions?? i replaced one ounce of
cake flour with cocoa powder. The cake came out with a huge crack in the
middle and it was kinda pudding-like.. no cheese taste at all! yikes!

angelangsw 11-10-2008 @ 2:42 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Irene,

I tried baking ur japanese cheesecake and it came out wonderfully except
it started to crack a little in the middle during cooling. Frown  But it still tastes
great, thank you very much.

I would like to ask for your suggestion regarding flavouring. What would
you suggest I do if I want to make the cake chocolate flavoured instead?

Irene 01-11-2008 @ 1:38 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I am just as curious about why it is called ' Japanese Cheesecake'. Some said it is a cross between a cake and a souffle and that it was the Japanese who first made it. So that is how the Japanese Cheesecake came about. How true this is I can't say. So maybe Diana or someone out there has an answer.I am sure everyone is curious to know the correct anwer.

Irene

TableBread 01-09-2008 @ 6:51 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Wow, so this post has been around for a while!  (I think the original post was 2004?!?)

So my question is:  Why is it called a 'Japanese' cheesecake?  I do not see a single Asian inspired ingredient.  I was just curious.

Cheers,

Tablebread

I can usually be found in the kitchen, everything else can be found here: http://tablebread.blogspot.com

Annakin 01-08-2008 @ 9:42 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Irene,

Thanks for that. I cant wait to try it out tonight.

Regards
Anna

Irene 01-08-2008 @ 8:02 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Add in the salt when you fold in the flours, egg yolks and lemon juice. Sorry I miss out on the salt. I have just edit the recipe.

Irene

Annakin 01-08-2008 @ 7:11 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I would like to find out where and when do you add salt i.e. to the cheese, flour or egg white mixture?  

xavierbyf 01-11-2006 @ 8:43 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
well, thanks for the lovely recipe. my girlfriend and i did it last 2 days and it turn out really good. just that egg taste stronger than the cream cheese and it is not sweet enough as well. the testure is great but how can i solve the problems as mention above? thanks.

xavier

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts