Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / COTTON SOFT JAPANESE CHEESE CAKE Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: COTTON SOFT JAPANESE CHEESE CAKE -- page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

Irene 05-17-2005 @ 10:22 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Jennie,
  Thank you for trying the cheesecake but sorry to hear that it doesn't always turn out the way you wanted it to be. I used the superfine flour for this cheesecake and if you can't find it in Perth you can try using Hong Kong flour instead.Cake flour does not contain any baking powder.

Do let us know the outcome if you do try it again. Thanks.

By the way, have you try the Marble Baked Cheesecake. This cheesecake is easy to bake and plain flour is used instead of superfine flour.Try it someday. You can view a photo of this cheesecake at Diana's Homepage under "Guest Recipe Book"

Happy Baking,
    Irene

Jenniefrances 05-16-2005 @ 10:42 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Irene,
I've baked your cheesecake quite a few times now, but it doesnt always turn out fluffy, what flour do you use ? I used plain four as opposed to self raising flour. Does 'cake flour' have baking powder in it ? We can only buy plain or self raising flour in Australia although I do have sponge flour and Hong Kong flour.
Thanks,
Jennie

May 05-15-2005 @ 4:34 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Irene & Shimul,

I just tried the recipe again today.  think the effect is better. Not as wrinkled. I took the cake out of the oven immediately after it is done, and out of the water bath to cool on the rack. Thank so much for your advise. Smile

Many thanks,
May

This message was edited by May on 5-15-05 @ 5:07 AM

Irene 05-01-2005 @ 6:48 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello Irish,
Thank you for trying out the recipe. In this recipe you have to use room temperature instead of hot or lukewarm water for the water bath. If you do try again do let us know the outcome. Thanks

Irish 05-01-2005 @ 9:23 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Irene, Ive tried this cheesecake twice now and im still having the same problem.. the top half of the cheesecake is great.. very light and fluffy but the bottom half is very heavy (the texture is hard) .. what im i doing wrong..? ive used hot water for the water bath and lukewarm warm too, ensured the egg whites are just soft peaks.. can anyone help..?

Irene 04-21-2005 @ 9:57 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello May,
Thanks for trying the cheesecake. I do not really know the reason why the surface of your cake gets really wrinkled. Maybe it is because you have your cheesecake in the oven for too long. I usually remove mine from the oven immediately after baking.

By the way, did you see the cheesecake Kris posted at Japanese Cheesecake Pic. If you haven't please do take a look. She baked one very beautiful Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake.

Happy Baking
   Irene

p/s Maybe Diana can give us an answer as to why the surface of the cheesecake get so wrinkled.

Shimul 04-21-2005 @ 7:58 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have not made this recipe, but when I normally make cheesecakes, I let them cool in the oven for about an hour with the door open and then stick them in the fridge or freezer after that. Not sure if this will prevent the wrinkling, but worth a try.

- Shimul

May 04-13-2005 @ 8:58 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi,

I have just tried the recipe 2 days ago.  It tastes really good.. But I noticed that when the cake is cooled, the surface of the cake gets really wrinkled..  Is it because I had left the cake in my microwave/convention oven to cool..(with oven door closed)?  What should I have done?  Can someone advise me.

Thanks and regards,
May

This message was edited by May on 4-13-05 @ 11:17 PM

Kris 12-01-2004 @ 12:37 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi again Irene,

I have to let you know that since I posted the last comment, I've made 3 more of those cheesecakes! haha Smile  I recently baked it for thanksgiving instead of traditional pumpkin pie. Big Hit!!

I'm a novice baker and like to experiment with new recipes. I got the recipe for the Chocolate Ribbon Cookies you saw on my photo album through MSN website. Your daughter will have much fun making them too. As for the cream puffs, it's really simple! Let me share it on a new topic.

And to Diana, I simply love your website! There isn't many websites out there with picture to every recipe and yours are all mouth watering. Playful

Cheers,
Kris

Irene 11-20-2004 @ 5:53 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Kris
Thanks for trying out this recipe and am very happy to know that it turned out beautifully. Have you try out the Marble Baked Cheesecake? It taste just as good.

How about you? Why don't you share with us some of your recipes. Saw the pictures you posted and they look so tempting.Your Lemon Herb Chicken looks delicious and the cream puff look good.
My daughter like the Chocolate Ribbon Cookies. I am sure all of us will appreciate if you can share the recipes with us. Thanks

Happy Baking,
    Irene

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts