Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / freezing cake Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: freezing cake -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

aussieIngrid 03-14-2008 @ 8:49 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Is it ok to freeze a cake and defrost it later? Does it still taste good?

Warmly,
Ingrid

nikki 03-18-2008 @ 7:22 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have frozen cakes without a problem.  Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Thaw in the refrigerator.  If you cut the cake into smaller pieces prior to freezing it will thaw faster. (Less temptation also-much harder to eat a frozen cake!)
To answer the question does it still taste good?  I don't think I have ever met a cake that didn't taste good.

"Grandma Ikki"

aussieIngrid 03-18-2008 @ 1:21 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thank you Grandma "Ikki" for your reply. I appreciate it and will now have many cakes to freeze Smile

Warmly,
Ingrid

jrpierce70 03-21-2008 @ 9:59 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Yes, you can freeze your cakes and defrost later.......... The taste is wonderful.  I usually bake my cake and let cool completely.  I wrap in saran wrap and then in foil and then I put in ziplock bag to protect from freezer burn.  I usually defrost on the counter and my cakes are delicious!

Peace & Love

zakattak 08-03-2010 @ 10:44 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Is there a limit to the time that a cake should be in the freezer? If so, how long?

--Zakattak

edwardmorgan 10-18-2021 @ 5:51 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

edwardmorgan 10-18-2021 @ 5:56 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 10-18-2021 @ 6:16 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Ivymuku20 10-29-2021 @ 6:51 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

ExpressHealth 10-30-2021 @ 2:32 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts