Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Help with pudding+cake mix Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Help with pudding+cake mix

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

starr1 08-28-2004 @ 4:46 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have to agree that pudding is an excellent addition to cakes - I do it, too and find it makes the cake much, MUCH more moist - I especially like this when I use egg substitute and cut down on or totally cut out oil. It seems to keep it moist and bind it as well.  Try it - I think you'd like it! I never noticed that the cake seemed sweeter or anything.

http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com
http://www.bellybytes.com

Barb 05-13-2004 @ 6:36 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
just joined this site, already in love with it ,have been a baker for years[love to bake]for years I have used dugan hines cake mixes and added pudding [not instant]have used sugar free,the pudding make a frim cake .I have made many wedding cakes doin this ,plus the cake is good for several days,also I always use milk in cake mix.I make a orange cake useing a yellow mix & used milk * orange juice,put a orange filling in the middle could not stop eating it.have a good day Barb

mindylu 02-21-2004 @ 9:23 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi-
I think the pudding makes the cake moister- just like  adding applesauce. You could probably use a sugar free pudding mix, if you think it would be to sweet.

Mindy ~~~

Methuen 02-10-2004 @ 9:23 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi All,
  Will adiing pudding mix to cake mix make it on the too sweet side. I usually prefer a cake not too sweet. What is the effect of mixing pudding to cake mix.
thanks for any response

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts