Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Vanilla Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Vanilla

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Needlepoint142 08-02-2004 @ 10:01 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Is it me or does vanilla extract that comes from a grocery store really not taste as good as it used to?
Over on a different forum I've learned how to make my own vanilla using vodka and vanilla beans. I plan to make some this coming week.

Judy/AZ 08-16-2004 @ 5:21 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I've been making my own vanilla for years - I always have a
couple quarts brewing in my cupboard.  You will be surprised
how pleased you will be with your homemade vanilla.  I buy
my vanilla beans off of ebay.  I usually put in about 10 or so
beans per quart jar.

Needlepoint142 08-16-2004 @ 10:23 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
How do you make your vanilla ? Do you use vodka or do you use bourbon ?

starr1 08-22-2004 @ 8:20 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I know one thing you have to do when buying vanilla at the grocery store - make ****ed sure your package says "PURE VANILLA" - not imitation.  But I'm thinking of making my own, as well and the recipe I have uses vodka.

Thank you for the feedback on your positive experience making it - I confess I've been a bit uncertain, but you've convinced me to go ahead and get it going! Smile

http://www.fitnessandfreebies.com
http://www.bellybytes.com

Needlepoint142 08-22-2004 @ 12:22 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Have you been reading the list of ingredients on the label of a bottle of vanilla extract ? Sugar is now among the ingredients !!! I don't buy anything but pure vanilla extract and it just doesn't taste like it used to taste. Smile

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts