Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / Japanese cheesecake Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Japanese cheesecake

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

nadia 08-01-2005 @ 9:49 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
After melting cream cheese, butter and milk in a double broiler, I notice that there is still small bits and pieces of cream cheese. These small pieces of cheese sinked to the bottom when the cake is baked.

Can anyone tell me whether the mixture need to be sieved before adding in the whisked egg white or what should be done.

Diana, hope you can give me some advice. Thank you.

tracy 08-06-2005 @ 6:53 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Dear Nadia,

If there is still small bits of cream cheese, yes probably you have to sieved before adding to the whisked egg white. That is the only way...
I have baking this cheese cake few times, havent facing this problem so far....The cream cheese, milk & butter will melt onces it touches it melting point during double boiling. I keep on stirring during the process... Hope my answer helps

regards
tracy

warmest regards
tracy

nadia 08-10-2005 @ 2:31 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Dear Tracy

Thanks for replying.

Before I make another attempt, may I know how long do you stir the cream cheese until it melts. I use PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese at room temperature.

Best Regards,
Nadia

This message was edited by nadia on 8-10-05 @ 2:31 AM

tracy 08-10-2005 @ 8:23 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Dear nadia,

It depends. Approximately between 5 to 10 mins. Keep stirring (to avoid lumps)until the batter are well mix and smooth. Let me know how is the result  Smile

warmest regards
tracy

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts