Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / German Dessert Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: German Dessert

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

WildfireAngel 04-11-2005 @ 2:23 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I am looking for a recipe for a German dessert that they serve at Golden Corrall, or something similar.  Some of the ingredients are:  chocolate morsels, coconut, oats, mystery layer that has the consistency of caramel or toffee, and a bottom crust that is graham cracker like but lighter in color and taste.  It is very very sweet, and sinfully good.  Thanks for any help...

natcat 01-25-2006 @ 3:31 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi WildfireAngel!!
Did you ever find the recipe you were looking for?? if so, I sure would like to know, I have some german recipe books, but can't fine those ingred. in there, unless i missed it!! Smile

Have A Sweet day!!

natcat 01-25-2006 @ 3:58 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
WildfireAngel
what you are talking about, almost sounds like a coffee cake, that a lot of the germans along with their relatives, like myself, fix, & munch on!!!
my mother used to fix something like that when I was growing up, now, once in a while I fix it,however, the recipe we have doesn't have chocolate chips in it, but anyone can always add them, & the middle layer is probably of a brown sugar mixture.I think that we can always add a small bottom crust.I'll dig up our recipe & post it, if that's ok.

Have A Sweet day!!

WildfireAngel 01-25-2006 @ 9:25 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hey there thanks for the reply, I am not sure if it is actually a German dessert, but that is what Golden Coral calls it.  Any ideas would be lovely! thanks

natcat 01-25-2006 @ 10:58 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi WildfireAngel
the recipe I have is made with bisquick. I hope this comes close to what you are looking for
Ingredients:
3 c.       bisquick
1 1/4 cup  sugar
1 1/2 c    sour cream
1/4 c.ea.  chocolate chips & coconut flakes
1 /4 c.    butter; softened
2          eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
*grease and flour a 12 c. bundt cake pan. prepare streusel filling; mix remaining ingredients except the glaze; beat vigorously 1 min.
SPREAD one third of the batter(about 1 1/4 c) in pan and sprinkle half of the streusel filling over batter; repeat. Spread with the remaining batter.

Bake in a 350 deg. oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 min; remove from pan. Sprinkle with the glaze.
Streusel Filling:

1/4 c.firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c.finely chopped nuts
1 tsp.cinnamon
Mix all ingredients until crumbly.
Glaze:
1/4 c. butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 to 2 tbsp. milk
Heat butter in a saucepan until melted. stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Stir in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until smooth.

Have A Sweet day!!
Carol

Ivymeil 09-05-2021 @ 6:32 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts