Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / Chocolate Covered Raisins Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Chocolate Covered Raisins

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

girlmed 02-21-2005 @ 7:08 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows how to make chocolate covered raisins. I was thinking maybe like peanut butter balls, but wouldn't it be hard to keep the raisins from all sticking together?  Anyone with any ideas please post. Thanks much!
Pat
Text Smile

diana 02-22-2005 @ 10:43 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Girlmed,

I found 3 recipes that are for Chocolate Covered Raisins (or clusters), but I think you're right, the raisins may tend to stick together, but I guess if you dipped them individually, it would take forever!

Chocolate-Covered Raisin Clusters

INGREDIENTS

1 package (6 ounces) semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 tablespoon water
1-1/2 cups raisins

Instructions:
Combine first three ingredients and place over hot (not boiling) water until chocolate melts, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in raisins, coating well. With teaspoon, drop in small clusters onto waxed paper. Chill until firm.

Makes 2 1/2 dozen clusters

Chocolate Covered Raisins

If you need a chocolate fix, but are short on time, give these a try! They do need to chill, but take just a few minutes to prepare. And they're delicious!

Ingredients:
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups raisins

Ingredients:
Combine chocolate chips and corn syrup in top of a double boiler; bring water
to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts, stiring constantly. (Or melt in microwave at 50% power.) Remove from heat, and stir in powdered sugar, vanilla and raisins. Drop by half-teaspoonfuls onto wax paper; chill. Store in refrigerator.

Makes about 5-1/2 dozen candies.

Chocolate Dipped Raisins  

Ingredients:
12 oz. raisins
7 oz. Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar, melted
1 cup semisweet chocolate discs, melted

Instructions:
In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate bar and disks. Set saucepan in hot water to maintain dipping consistency. Dip several raisins at a time in chocolate. Place in paper candy cup. Repeat with remaining chocolate and raisins. Refrigerate until chocolate sets, about 10 minutes. Store covered in refrigerator.

Please let me know if you tried any of these recipes, and if so, how they turned out.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

girlmed 02-22-2005 @ 2:56 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thanks Diana for these great looking recipes. I will certainly try at least one of them and will let you know what happens. Sounds like it would be cheaper and less trouble to just go out and buy a bag!!  LOL  Playful   I just kinda wanted to try it.

Thanks Again,

Pat

hotcocoa4 03-01-2006 @ 2:18 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I was intrested in making white chocolate covered raisins. Do you think substituting white chocolate for reg. chocolate within the recipe will be ok?

Ivymeil 09-05-2021 @ 6:31 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts