Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / Blending Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Blending

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Mugy 03-25-2006 @ 5:03 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
is it better to blend with a electric mixer or blend by hand?

diana 03-31-2006 @ 11:47 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Mugy,

This is Diana from Diana's Desserts website. Welcome to the Discussion Forum.

As far as what is better, blending with a hand mixer, stand mixer or by hand, it depends on what you are mixing together. I like to use my stand mixer for mixing egg whites, whipping cream, kneading bread dough, mixing some cake mixes, etc.

Sometimes mixing by hand is better as it is more gentle on the ingredients, such as mixing muffin or quickbread batters. These batters really should be mixed by hand as too much mixing can cause the quickbreads or muffin texture to be hard or tough.

Using a hand-held mixer or a stand mixer can really be of great help in the kitchen. Both of these methods are much easier on your arms and make your baking recipes alot less work.

Hope this information helps you out. By the way, I recommend Kitchen Aid products, such as their hand-held or stand mixers, and also their food processors.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts