Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / Bread machine Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Bread machine

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Oppss 06-15-2004 @ 11:52 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Diana & All,

I used the Dough Cycle on my Breadman last Saturday to make dinner rolls.  The dough was programmed to knead for approximately 20 minutes.  I am wondering if I want the dough to be kneaded for a longer period of time, what should I do?  The Breadman that I have is the basic one which doesn't allow me to change the program settings.  Do I stop the machine and restart the Dough Cycle again so that the dough can be kneaded for extra time?

Thank you very much!

Oppss

diana 06-15-2004 @ 6:00 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Oppss,

I am not that familiar with the different bread machines. I am hoping that someone else reads your message and can give you better advice on this.

Of course, you could always remove the dough after it has been kneaded by the machine and knead it by hand for a little bit longer time.

Take care and like I said, I hope someone else reads this.

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help to you on this particular subject.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

Oppss 06-16-2004 @ 8:16 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Diana,

Don't worry about that.  Maybe someone else will answer the question.  I will also keep trying with the dough cycle.  Hopefully the bread turn out better next time!

Smile

Oppss

SanLim 09-30-2005 @ 10:10 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi,Everyone
I have tried out the bread recipe on my breadmaker.
It come out uneven not having the shape of a loaf.
Besides, it is not fluffy inside and crunchy at the side.Can someone tell me why?

Enjoy Baking!

Irene 10-01-2005 @ 2:34 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
How about trying out this white bread recipe. I always bake it for my family.

Bread Machine White Bread

1 cup water
340 gm bread flour ( high protein flour)
14 gm butter
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp fine granulated sugar
1 tsp instant yeast

Put all ingredients into the bread machine pan in the order suggested above. Slect Basic (Dark - 3 hours 25 minutes). At the end of the cycle. turn off and remove the bread immediately from the pan.

Happy Baking,
   Irene

SanLim 10-02-2005 @ 8:05 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi, Irene,
Thank you for your 'white bread' recipe. I try out but still it not fluffy and soft like commercial bread. I took out from the machine once it stop baking but inside some parts are not cook and the outer are crispy.Could it be my machine problems or the way I lay the ingredients. Oop!I follow the instructions from the book and not yours as I just  realise I had missed that part.Any way, I will try again and let you know the result as soon as I finish baking.
Thank you.
Yummy Yummy

Enjoy Baking!

Irene 10-02-2005 @ 3:17 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I am sorry SanLim the recipe should goes like this. Just saw the mistake.

White Bread
1 cup water
14 gm butter
1 tsp salt
340 gm bread flour ( high protein flour)
1 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp fine granulated sugar
1 tsp instant yeast

Put all ingredients into the bread machine pan in the order suggested above. Slect Basic (Dark - 3 hours 25 minutes). At the end of the cycle. turn off and remove the bread immediately from the pan.

May I know if you are using Kenwood Bread Machine? My friend who own a Kenwood follow the instructions from the booket given fail everytime she bake her bread especially the wholemeal bread. But when she follow the recipe I give and put the ingredients as stated in the recipe her bread always come out ok.

Happy Baking,
   Irene

This message was edited by Irene on 10-2-05 @ 3:22 PM

SanLim 10-03-2005 @ 5:04 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Irene,
Thank you for your quick reply. My bread machine is "Princess". I tried out the first recipe you gave me and it turn out soft inside but the crust is quite hard. Should I put to light instead of dark? I'll will try again tonight using your latest recipe. You'll hear from me soon.By the way, should the water use be warm or not?

Enjoy Baking!

This message was edited by SanLim on 10-3-05 @ 5:07 AM

Irene 10-03-2005 @ 5:40 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Yes you can try using the light cycle. The water use should be at room temperature. Hope this time the bread will turn out just the way you like it Smile

Happy Baking
     Irene

Daryl 03-18-2006 @ 10:39 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello everyone.  I am new to this iste, but I am hoping somebody could help me.  I have an Oster Model 5838 Bread Machine.  I have had it for awhile and always used pre-made mixes for it.  The bread was ok, but was always a little dense.  I recently started using a recipe I found for French Bread in the machine and I have the same problem only worse.  The bread is incredibly dense, coming out like a brick almost.  I have tried double sifting the flour first and adding a little Olive oil.  That seemed to help a little bit but not that much.  Here is teh recipe I have been using

1 1/2 cups water
4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt (Kosher)
2 1/2 tsp Dry yeast

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts