Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / Need help on baking a japanese cheesecake Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Need help on baking a japanese cheesecake

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

nadia 07-06-2005 @ 11:34 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
This is my first time baking a japanese cheesecake but can anyone advise me on what went wrong with my cake :

1. wrinkles on my cheesecake after cooling;
2. texture is harder at the bottom than at the top;
3. cake is not cotton soft enough (does adding more milk help / increasing the portion of cornflour : I use 60g cake flour and 20g cornflour).

Best Regards,
Nadia

dessertcat 11-04-2005 @ 8:31 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
If you discover wrinkles after the cake cools, try baking the cheesecake in a water bath. What I do is place the spring foam pan in a larger cake pan. Then I place the cake pan on a cookie pan and fill the cookie pan with a bit of water. Regarding the texture and softness of the cake, it may just be the recipe problem.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts