Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / Need help with pandan cake Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Need help with pandan cake

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

CrazyC 04-27-2005 @ 2:52 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi!

This is my first post! I tried Diana's recipe for Pandan cake. I used cake flour, and pandan extract (did not get the paste yet). So I baked it, and it looked great when it came out. But when it cooled, I noticed a puddle of sticky liquid on the counter. Then I tried to remove it from the pan, and the bottom was still wet, and it looked like the Chinese steamed rice cakes, with the large chewy bubble texture?? So I cut off the top, and ate that... =)

Any ideas on what I did wrong??

broiche 05-09-2005 @ 10:51 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Not sure if you are refering to the pandan chiffon cake method but if you are, you might want to see if you have used too much liquid in the mixture. Good luck.

SanLim 10-02-2005 @ 8:17 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Crazy C,
I face the same problem like you did. But with the help from my friend, I try out this recipe below given to me.
Pandan Chiffon Cake
140g flour
180g sugar
120g coconut juice
60g corn oil
1 tsp pandan leaves (juice extract)
8 egg white
6 egg yolk
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking powder (if plain flour is used)

Method:
1. Beat egg yolk and half of sugar. Then add coconut milk, pandan juice and corn oil.Pour the sieve flour and mix well.
2.Beat egg white and half of sugar and cream of tartar in another bowl till stiff.
3. Slowly pour (1) into (2)and fold well. Do not Beat.
4. Bake for 45 mins ,temperature 160C.

Enjoy Baking!

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts