Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Eggy Flavor in Cake Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Eggy Flavor in Cake

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

hepeskin 05-01-2008 @ 6:34 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I recently made a polenta cake and some guests said it had rather an eggy flavor when I asked for a critique.  It had 2 eggs in it but what could have caused this egginess?

Heather

aussieIngrid 05-01-2008 @ 7:31 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I am very sensitive to the smell of eggs ever since I was young because of this cake that I tasted that was very eggy in smell and taste. No matter what I make, and irrespective if a recipe asks for vanilla essense or not, I always put add vanilla essense into the recipe. Having said that, I wonder if an eggy smell/taste cake is to do with the age of the eggs? Just curious.

Just my .02 worth.

Warmly,
Ingrid

hepeskin 05-03-2008 @ 1:02 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi, Ingrid: I think the vanilla is a good idea - I will use it next time. I'm not sure about the age of the eggs - I've got older eggs alongside with fresh in my fridge; I could have used them by mistake (usually keep the older ones for frying or making omelets) -it could have been that. I'll make sure I use only fresh eggs in future. Thanks so much for your advice. Best. Heather

Heather

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 8:19 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

edwardmorgan 02-05-2022 @ 3:31 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 02-26-2022 @ 3:49 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 03-04-2022 @ 3:09 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 03-18-2022 @ 12:26 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 03-23-2022 @ 6:13 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts