Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / victorian sponge Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: victorian sponge

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

janei1 10-11-2006 @ 6:19 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
I AM HOPING SOME ONE CAN HELP ME. MY MOTHER IS VISITING ME IN ARIZONA FRON THE UK AND SHE IS HAVING TROUBLE WITH GETTING SPONGES TO RISE. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WE NEED TO ALTER THE RECIPE FOR TH USA
THANBKS

diana 10-12-2006 @ 8:20 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi janei1,

What is the recipe that your Mother is using for the Victoria Sponge? Maybe in the UK, she uses self-rising flour and here the recipe doesn't call for self-rising flour, maybe it needs baking powder and salt. In the UK, she probably uses self-rising flour and that already has baking powder and salt in it which makes the cake rise. In the recipes on my website for Victoria Sponge, cake flour is used along with baking powder and salt. Cake flour (not self-risng cake flour) doesn't have baking powder in it, so you need to add baking powder if using cake flour.

Please let us know.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

This message was edited by diana on 10-18-06 @ 8:05 AM

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts