Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Unplating a cheesecake Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Unplating a cheesecake

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

tootie 06-23-2006 @ 12:36 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
If I prepare a cheesecake but don't want to take it on the plate of my spring form pan, what would be the easiest way to move it from the spring form pan to a cake board.  Or can the bottom of the spring form pan be replaced by a cake board and just bake on it.  I've not tried this and wondered what success, if any, any one else has had with this.  Thanks

Hasna 06-26-2006 @ 6:23 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hey Tootie,
I went onto another forum I am a member of and found this info for you:
[cover a cake circle with parchment paper and place it into the bottom of the springform pan before baking. ]

hobbychef 08-15-2006 @ 2:47 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
tootie, I too am a cheesecake fan but I don't like to scratch the bottom of my pans.  I spray the bottom with butter flavored cooking spray and then line with a parchment round and spray it too before baking. Then, everything comes out easily after baking and I transfer the cheesecake to a cake board for storage or transport. Steve

tootie 08-16-2006 @ 12:00 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thanks so much for the good information!

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts