Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Yikes..what happened to the corn bread?? Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Yikes..what happened to the corn bread??

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

luvtobake 10-30-2005 @ 11:16 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello,

I tried a new recipe for corn bread yesterday. It turned out very well. The recipe called for unsalted pumpkin seeds. No eggs. Canola Oil. Maple syrup ...instead of sugar. Dried Fruit( I added dried cranberries & orange zest.)Corn meal & flour. We ate the cranberry bread while it was still warm..and it was delicious. This morning I decided to have a piece with a cup of tea. I was shocked to see that the area around the pumpkin seeds has turned florescent GREEN!! Anyone one know what caused this? Thank you in advance for your replies! Best Wishes.

natcat 11-08-2005 @ 6:20 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Maybe because the pumpkin seeds needed to be baked on a cookie sheet first...There a lot of seeds that should be baked a little before we use them in a recipe. That way, they won't go bad.Text

Have A Sweet day!!,    N.Carol Thomas

raraS21 12-29-2005 @ 2:41 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Yea, i think that you toast your pumpkin seeds and they will last longer and they are hard for them to toast while its baking in something.

Have a great day! Kara

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts