Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / simnel cake Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: simnel cake

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Annmanhire 02-15-2005 @ 12:52 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I am making a traditional simnel cake for the first time in my life, using Diana's Desserts recipe.  

My big question:  How deep is an 8-inch "deep" cake pan (as specified in the instructions)? Is a regular 1.5 - 2 inch pan deep enough to hold the marzipan filling and both cake layers?  Or is something else required?  

Thanks for any help from experience!!!

diana 02-15-2005 @ 1:12 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Annmanhire,

This is Diana from this website. Welcome.

If you can use an 8-inch by 3-inch deep round cake pan, that would be perfect for the Simnel Cake.

You can find these size cake pans online at several bakeware stores. If you need to know where in particular, please email me at: diana@dianasdesserts.com or reply to this discussion forum.

Take care and again, welcome!

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts