Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / HELP! Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: HELP!

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

elmomoo87 01-19-2004 @ 10:03 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi everybody,

recently, i've research about cakey cheesecake and have met with two problems

1) The recipe states "2 (16 ounce) packages cottage
   cheese" and i am not sure that it means 2 packs of
   16 ounce cheese or 1 pack of 16 ounce cheese

2) The recipe staes that a springform pan must be
   used and as i don't have one, i wonders if  
   flipping over my fluffy cheesecake will flatten it

Can anybody help me or have any tips to offer? Thank you very, very much!

With thanks,
elmomoo Smile

Kitt's 01-24-2004 @ 11:14 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Elmomoo87,
From my point of view that recipe needs 32 oz. of cottage cheese, it should say 2-16oz. cottage cheese.  And for the springform pan, I used to use those pans but not anymore since I line my pan with either parchment paper or teflon nonstick liner.  It might matter when you're taking the cake out of the pan.  For a foolproof method (yet extra step); wait until the cake cool completely then freeze it so your cake won't flatten when you filp the pan over.  This should help, have fun!!

elmomoo87 01-25-2004 @ 2:28 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Kitt's!

Welcome to Diana's Dessert! Your soggestion sounds pretty good! Thank you very much and i will surely tell you if it is successful! Lastly, happy baking!

With thanks, elmomoo :>

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts