Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / The Best Ingredients / what is emulco and ovalette Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: what is emulco and ovalette -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Melanie 08-15-2006 @ 9:03 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I see so many recipes that call for emulco and ovalette. I live in the US and I have never come across these ingredients. What are they and where can I get them?

I would appreciate it too if anybody can post a picture or these 2 to give me an idea how they look just incase I come across them in a store.

Thanks,
Melanie

dew_shinoda 04-23-2007 @ 3:56 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
ovalette is just as same as any cake emulsifer, i think you could just substitute ovalette with other cake emulsifier. it looks like stiff egg yolk. Diana has some description about ovallete i will paste it here for you.

"Ovalette is a stabiliser used in baking sponge cakes. It helps the eggs to rise rapidly and stiffly. As it is acidic it also helps the beaten eggs to remain stable and not lose the airy and voluminous texture. It makes sponge cake softer and smoother."

and here's some online picture of ovalette

edwardmorgan 08-26-2021 @ 2:33 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

edwardmorgan 01-03-2022 @ 5:31 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 01-10-2022 @ 3:09 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 02-05-2022 @ 3:51 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 02-14-2022 @ 6:53 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 02-14-2022 @ 6:53 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 02-14-2022 @ 7:53 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 02-18-2022 @ 12:24 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts