Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / The Best Ingredients / Mascarpone not smooth and soft Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Mascarpone not smooth and soft

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

chefclarence 12-31-2004 @ 12:13 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
[There are various occasions that the mascarpone cheese would become grain instead of satiny. 1. The cheese was over-processed  2. The cheese was previous frozen 3. The cheese was expired. I would allow the cheese to come to room temperature, then beat it with wooden spoon along with sugar; if you are using mixer, use low speed until the sugar dissolved, then add other ingredients. Good luck on your next try.
Chef Clarence

Buon Appetito

ricad 12-30-2004 @ 3:44 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi,

I tried to make tiramisu on the other day. But when I processed the mascarpone alone, it became crumbly instead of smooth and soft. Anyone has any idea why was that?

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts