Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / Cheesecake Help Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cheesecake Help -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

SANJO-MW 01-20-2007 @ 3:53 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
First I would like to say, HI, I'm  new.

Second, I would like to explain my problem.

A while ago, maybe a year ago, I found a recipe for a cheesecake online. I have made it twice since and both times It came out perfect, I received rave reviews from family and friends. I had the recipe saved on my PC.
Well..... about 2 months ago, I reformatted my PC and forgot to save my recipes. So, I lost it. Though I had not really thought about it... until now. I want to make my cheesecake! So I looked on the internet, hoping to find the recipe, but no luck. So i figured i would ask somewhere, and found this forum. Figured it was as good a shot as any.

I don't know what I am hoping for, since I'm sure there are a billion recipes for cheesecake on the internet, but....  This recipe made cheesecake from scratch and
the ingredients that I remember are:
Cream Cheese
Sour Cream
Cottage Cheese
Sugar
Vanilla
Lemon juice
corn starch?

the recipe also told you how to make a topping
corn syrup
strawberry
...?

It was a very basic cheesecake I think, nothing too fancy, but very good.
It was very rich and tasted great. I think it was called "ultimate cheesecake" or something like that... I dunno.

So finally what I am asking is.. does anybody know where I can find this recipe (doubt it, what are the chances?) OR (more likely) does anybody know of a similar recipe (with the same ingredients perhaps) that makes a great, rich  cheesecake?

Thanks!

Charles 02-13-2007 @ 1:47 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
No way to know if this is like your lost recipe, but most of your ingredients are included.

Enjoy
159795 -- CHEESECAKE

1 lb. cream cheese
1 lb. creamed cottage cheese
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
3 tbsp. flour
3 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 lb. butter, melted
1 pt. sour cream

Beat cream cheese and cottage cheese until smooth.  Add eggs, one at a time.  Beat at low speed.  Add flour and cornstarch.  Beat until smooth.  Add vanilla.  Add melted butter and sour cream.  Blend lightly.  Pour mixture into greased 9 inch springpan.  Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes until cake pulls away from edges of pan.  Turn off oven, leave cake inside the oven for 2 hours.  Remove from oven, cool and refrigerate.  

------------------------

160049 -- NEW  YORK  STYLE  CHEESECAKE

Graham cracker crumbs
1 lb. cream style sm. curd cottage
   cheese
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 c. cornstarch
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. margarine, melted
1 pt. dairy sour cream

Grease 9 inch spring form pan.  Make 1 recipe graham cracker crust.  Dust pan with crumbs and press the balance on bottom of pan.  Beat cottage cheese well in large mixing bowl. Add cream cheese.  Beat at high speed until well blended and very creamy. Beating at high speed blend in sugar, then eggs.  Reduce to low speed and add cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla.  Beat until blended.  Add melted margarine and sour cream.  Blend with low speed.  Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until firm around edges.  Turn off oven and let cheesecake stand in oven for 2 hours. --TOPPING:--

1 c. sour cream mixed with 1/2 c. XX
   sugar

Spread over top.  Bake at 425 degrees for 1 minute.  Remove and cool on wire rack.  Chill.  Remove sides of pan.  Can be topped with cherries, blueberries or fruit of your choice.  (May be frozen).  Serves 20.  

------------------------

162494 -- NEW  YORK  CHEESECAKE

1 lb. cream cheese
1 lb. Ricotta or cottage cheese
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 lb. butter, melted
1 pt. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine in order given and mix thoroughly with electric mixer.  Bake 1 hour at 375 degrees in a greased 9 inch springform pan.  Then turn off oven and allow cake to stand in the oven with the door closed for another 1/2 hour.  Chill well before serving.  Add any topping you so choose or serve as it is.  

------------------------

164672 -- CHEESECAKE

Graham cracker crumbs
1 lb. sm. curd cream style cottage
   cheese (use as dry a cream style
   as possible)
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 c. cornstarch
2 tbsp. lemon juice (fresh is best)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. margarine, melted
1 pt. (2 c.) dairy sour cream

Grease 1 (9") springform pan; dust with graham cracker crumbs.  Sieve cottage cheese into large mixing bowl.  Add cream cheese.  Beat with high speed of electric mixer until well blended and creamy.  Beating at high speed, blend in sugar, then eggs.  Reduce speed to low.  Add cornstarch, lemon juice and vanilla.  Beat until blended.  Add melted margarine and sour cream.  Blend with low speed.  Pour into prepared pan.  Bake in 325 degree oven about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until firm around edges.  Turn off oven.  Let cake stand in oven 2 hours.  Remove and cool completely on wire rack.  Chill.  Remove sides of pan.  Makes about 12 servings.  NOTE:  Cheesecake may be frozen.  Tastes much better if allowed to cure for several days.  

------------------------

165309 -- CHEESECAKE  WITH  CHERRY  TOPPING

1 lb. sm. curd cottage cheese
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1/3 c. cornstarch
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla or Amaretto liqueur
1/2 c. Mazola margarine, melted
1 pt. dairy sour cream
1 can cherry pie filling
Graham cracker crumbs

Grease 9"x3" springform pan; dust with graham cracker crumbs.  Sieve cottage cheese into large mixing bowl; add cream cheese.  With mixer at high speed, beat until smooth and creamy.  Beat in sugar, then eggs.  With mixer at low speed, beat in next three ingredients.  Beat in margarine and sour cream until smooth.  Press into pan.  Bake in 325 degree oven about 70 minutes, or until firm around edge.  Turn off oven.  Let cake stand in oven 2 hours.  Remove and chill.  Remove side of pan.  If desired, cover with cherry glaze.  Serves 12.  GLAZE:  To cherry pie filling, add extra sugar if desired.  Add 1/3 cup of amaretto liqueur if desired, few drops of red food coloring; heat and then cool.  Cover cake.  Vaughn Meadows Garden Club

------------------------

168015 -- CHEESECAKE

2 pkgs. (8 oz.) softened cream cheese
1 lb. creamed cottage cheese
3 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 eggs, slightly beaten
3 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pt. sour cream

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease 9 inch springform pan.  In large bowl of electric mixer at high speed beat cream cheese with cottage cheese until creamy, gradually beat in sugar, then eggs until well combined.  At low speed beat in cornstarch, flour, lemon juice and vanilla.  Add melted butter and sour cream until smooth.  Pour into prepared pan.  Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until firm around edges.  Turn off oven, let cake stand in oven 2 hours.    To serve; run spatula around side of cake to loosen, remove side of springform pan, leave bottom of pan in place.  Top with fruit or serve plain.  Serves 12.  

------------------------

Be what you is, 'cause if you be what you ain't, you
ain'  what you is.

casper 06-07-2009 @ 12:24 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I was just making cheesecake and this sounds a lot like my receipe.. Actually it came from the side of an Arco Starch box...if you can't find it I will send you mine via on line..

casper 06-07-2009 @ 12:27 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
just found it on line..

Argo® Classic Cheesecake  

Prep Time:  25 minutes
Cook Time:  2 hours 15 minutes
Yield:  8 servings

Mazola® Pure Cooking Spray
2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
4 eggs
1 carton (1 pound) small curd cottage cheese
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
2 cups sour cream
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter OR margarine
1/3 cup Argo® or Kingsford's® Corn Starch
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extact
STRAWBERRY GLAZE:
1 tablespoon Argo® Corn Starch
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
1/4 cup crushed fresh strawberries
1 teaspoon lemon juice
  Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with crumbs.

Combine eggs and cottage cheese in a blender; blend 1 minute or until smooth. Gradually add softened cream cheese; blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to large bowl.

Stir in remaining ingredients, using a wire whisk or fork, until thoroughly blended. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake in 325ºF oven 1 hour and 15 minutes or until firm around edge.

Turn off oven. Let cake stand in oven 1 hour.

Remove; cool on wire rack.

STRAWBERRY GLAZE: Stir together corn starch, water and corn syrup in a saucepan. Add crushed strawberries. Stirring constantly, bring to boil over medium heat; boil 1 minute. Strain. Stir in lemon juice. Cool slightly. Drizzle glaze over cake just before serving.

TiramisuLu 06-15-2011 @ 4:03 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Like Diana, I fondly remember a cheesecake made with both cottage and cream cheese. The version I ate and then subsequently baked had a pineapple topping. I think the topping involved draining crushed pineapple, thickening the juice (probably with cornstarch) and then recombining the two to top off the cheesecake.
I can't wait to recreate this recipe based on the ones on this website. I lost the recipe ages ago and everyone I mentioned it to over the years never heard of a cheesecake made with this combination of cheeses. I'm sure they'll be delighted when I serve it to them!

Sweet dreams...

parky37 01-11-2012 @ 11:48 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have been looking for the same recipe for about 5 years too and delighted to find it again as it's a great cheesecake - it steals the show every time!

I seem to remember it being a recipe published in an edition of Time / Life magazine around 1965.

The correct recipe is the first one in the list of recipes posted by Charles (159795). Simple list of ingredients but well worth it.

Hurrah!

P.S. I always have trouble with the baking temperature and tend to brown (burn!) it too much in the first stage. Any advice for a fan oven would be greatly received.

SavannaHin 05-04-2016 @ 7:49 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Aron1 01-20-2019 @ 2:25 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

guidepassport 04-04-2019 @ 3:39 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

peter333 08-24-2019 @ 4:11 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts