Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / Raspberry Sauce Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Raspberry Sauce

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

hobbychef 08-15-2006 @ 3:10 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi All, I'm new here and am looking for a recipe for a raspberry sauce to drizzle over mocha-chocolate cheesecake.  I've been heating up frozen raspberries, adding a little water and sugar and straining to remove the seeds but I want it to be a little thicker.  Should I use cornstarch, and if so. how much for say 1/2 cup of sweetened juice?  Or, if anyone has a good recipe,, please share it. Thanks, Steve

krobine 06-04-2007 @ 9:18 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I do the same thing (or use my own fresh-picked berries in the fall), but I don't use any water. Just squish some berries in the pan first to provide the liquid and use low heat. The result is a very intense raspberry flavor, and it's a little thicker than with water. If you want it even thicker, a small amount of cornstarch disolved in a tiny bit of water can be added as it heats or even a bit of raspberry jam (which contains pectin) will work.

KAR

rainiepiccione 07-31-2007 @ 4:12 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I cheat by heating up jam and jellies in a sacuepan, this thins them enough to use for drizzling.  You can add a little water if  you like to make them thinner as well.

Blessed be, Rainie

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 9:53 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

peter333 06-26-2021 @ 9:30 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Ivymeil 09-04-2021 @ 8:15 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Ivymeil 09-04-2021 @ 9:24 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts