Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / Huat Kueh Recipe Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Huat Kueh Recipe

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

valkuan 03-08-2006 @ 7:54 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi,

I wonder if any of you gals/ guys know the brown Huat Kueh recipe.  If so, please share.  Thanks.

val

hzlin189 03-31-2006 @ 1:46 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Val,
I've never tried this recipe, anyway this is what I found in my mum's cookbook:-

Ingredients:-
350 gram rice flour
25 gram green bean flour (lek tau hoon)
250 ml coconut water (can be subsituted with water)
25 ml coconut milk
350 gram sugar
150 ml toddy (or 1 small packet ENO)
A few drops of pink colouring

Mix rice flour and green bean flour with coconut water and blend well to form a smooth batter.  Put aside to leaven for 30 minutes.  Add sugar, toddy and coloring.  Allow to leaven for eight hours.  Cover with a piece of damp cloth.  If the weather is fine and hot, close the container and put it is the sun for four hours.  Add coconut milk and mix well.  Prepare small patty cup by steaming them empty for 5 mins.  Pour batter into cups 3/4 full and steam 20-25 mins. in high heat over rapid boiling water.

All the best.  Anyway which country are you from?

hzlin

Regards

Hzlin

Ivymeil 09-05-2021 @ 6:31 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts