Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / Cheesecake Crust that is NOT graham crackers Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cheesecake Crust that is NOT graham crackers -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 9:48 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

TableBread 01-26-2008 @ 9:03 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Cheesecake solutions.  Well, I just went through a whole week of cheescake making and I think I might have a solution for your Dad.

Check them out over at my blog.  The link is in my signature.  Please let me know if this solves your problem.  I just got a cheesecake cookbook with a ton more recipes.

Cheers

I can usually be found in the kitchen, everything else can be found here: http://tablebread.blogspot.com

wiangube 01-10-2008 @ 1:09 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Lisa,

Please, ask your father if his 'memories' include some grains like these:

http://www.davidscookies.com/index.cfm?action=category&categoryid=13http://www.davidscookies.com/index.cfm?action=category&categoryid=13

cdg327 09-19-2006 @ 12:58 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
oreo cheesecake.... amazing

cakecorner 08-24-2006 @ 9:36 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Diana,
I am new here. But I use to be a guest here from long time. I love your all recipes. I tried few recipes from this site and they were amazing. My husband like them all and kids too.
Now first time I am going to make cheesecake at home. So this forum is very important for me.

Thanks for this recipe I will try that on this weekend.

Nitu

Bakers Love Butter !

Lisa 01-18-2006 @ 11:50 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thank you so much for your help, I will try them and see what is most like the one my Dad remembers!

Elle 01-18-2006 @ 9:02 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Oh, yeah, over there it's usually digestive biscuits.  If you ever wanted to try to make some, though, I know of two cookbooks that have recipes: "Great Cookies" by Carole Walter, and the "Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook" by Martha Stewart.  I haven't made any yet, but I know in the Martha cookbook, she has a recipe for Key Lime pie (or cheesecake) and she uses the raw dough for the graham crackers, presses it in the pan and bakes it that way.  I wanted to try that one because my mom would probably like that better than the crumb version.

~Elle

Claral 01-18-2006 @ 6:21 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have just been searching the internet for the same reason  Im irish and its very hard to get Graham Crackers over here  I think digestive biscuits may be used here but im not sure..

Claral
x

Elle 01-16-2006 @ 10:44 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Lisa,

My mom doesn't like the graham crust (and neither do I), so we were really happy to find this recipe, which is from the "Cooking Light", July 2002 magazine.

I hope this helps!
Elle

Crust:
2/3  cup all-purpose flour
3  tablespoons sugar
2  tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
1  tablespoon ice water
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 400°.
To prepare crust, lightly spoon 2/3 cup flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place 2/3 cup flour and 3 tablespoons sugar in a food processor; pulse 2 times or until combined. Add butter; pulse 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. With processor on, slowly pour ice water through food chute, processing just until blended (do not allow dough to form a ball).

Firmly press mixture into bottom of a 9 x 3-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool on a wire rack.

diana 11-22-2005 @ 8:10 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Lisa,

Here is recipe from my website that uses a dough type crust:

New York Style Cheesecake

Servings: 12-16

Comments:
This is one version of the famous New York Cheesecake. This one is made with sour cream added to the cheesecake batter.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
4 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 8-ounce cartons dairy sour cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar

Instructions:
FOR CRUST:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add one of the eggs; beat well. Slowly beat in the 1-1/4 cups flour until combined. Divide dough in half. Cover and refrigerate one portion. Spread remaining portion onto the bottom of an ungreased 10-inch springform pan with sides removed. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely. When bottom crust has cooled, attach sides of pan. Press chilled dough onto sides to a height of about 1-3/4 inches. Set aside.

FOR CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and the 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in the 1/4 cup flour at low speed until smooth. Add the remaining 3 eggs and 3 teaspoons of the vanilla all at once, beating at low speed until just combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of the sour cream. Pour batter into the crust-lined pan. Place on a shallow baking pan in oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Bake for 30 minutes more or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken. Remove from oven.

FOR THE SOUR CREAM TOPPING:
Stir together remaining sour cream, the 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Using a spoon, spread mixture evenly over top of baked cheesecake. Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes more.

Remove from oven. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen crust from sides of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan and cool completely. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before slicing.

Makes 16 servings.

MAKE AHEAD TIP: You can seal the cooled cake in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month. To thaw, place cheesecake in refrigerator for 24 hours, or thaw individual pieces at room temperature for 30 minutes.

I Hope this helps you out.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts