Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Recipe Ideas / Apple Crumble Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Apple Crumble

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Dralion 06-09-2005 @ 2:12 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Diana and all members,:)
first of all i would like to say as a beginner in the baking world this website has helping me a lots.Thank's to Diana and other members for the superb great recipes  Smile
I have been looking up and down for a simple, delicious and kitchen tasted "Apple Crumble" recipe,can anyone help ?

Thank's in advance Smile

Sincery yours,
Dralion

diana 06-09-2005 @ 8:41 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Dralion,

Welcome to Diana's Desserts Website and to the Discussion Forum.

Here's a very basic and good recipe for Apple Crumble:

Apple Crumble

This old fashioned Apple Crumble recipe is a tasty and economical dessert. Can be served warm or cold and prepared in less than an hour. Delicious! Light and fluffy, with just a touch of old-time goodness.

Serves 4 to 6

Ingredients:
6 golden delicious apples
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons butter

Crumble:
4 teaspoons butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose (plain) flour
1/2 cup rolled oats

Instructions:
Peel and slice apples into greased baking dish. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over apples. Dot with two teaspoons of the butter. Blend the remaining four teaspoons of butter into brown sugar. Mix and add flour and rolled oats. Spoon mixture over apples. Bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake until crust is golden and apples are tender (approximately 35 minutes.)

Serve warm or cold with whipped cream.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

Dralion 06-09-2005 @ 1:48 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
hi Diana,
thanks for the recipe,i have a question here Confused,if i cant get the ROLLED OATS what can i substitute or re-place it with Confused or can i omit it ?

diana 06-09-2005 @ 2:22 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Dralion,

I would try using the oats if you can for this recipe. They can be old fashioned oats or instant.

If not, I'd suggest this other recipe:

Apple Crumb

Ingredients:
8 medium size Golden Delicious apples
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1/2 cup sultanas
juice of 1/2 lemon
250g plain flour
100g self-raising flour
250g demerara sugar
pinch salt
250g softened butter

Instructions:          
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C (350 degrees F). Peel, and core the apples. Mix them with the sugar and sultanas then cover with lemon juice.

2. Line your baking dish (approximate size 20cm x 15cm and about 5cm deep) with the apple mix and set aside while you make the crumble mixture.

3. In a food mixer, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add 200g of the softened butter and work into the mixture until it is well combined and looks like slightly moistened, coarse breadcrumbs. Now chop the remaining 50g of softened butter and add to the mixture. Pulse until the mixture takes on a more crumbled texture.

4. Cover the apples with this mixture. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes until the apples are cooked (you will see the juices bubbling at the sides) and the crumble topping is golden.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts