Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / "Buttery Pound Cake" Ideas Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: "Buttery Pound Cake" Ideas

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

zakattak 08-03-2010 @ 11:04 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have baked a lot of buttery pound cakes, and everyone says that they like them.  Lately, my neighbor came out with a tray of pound cake that tasted much better then mine.  In my recipe, I have 1 tsp. of vanilla extract and 1/2 tsp. of almond extract.  My neighbor said that she added 1 tablespoon of almond extract.  I want to change my recipe to be more like hers, with my own twist. What amount of extract do you put into your pound cake(s)?

Another thing that I noticed was that her crust was crunchier, in a way. Does the amount of extract(s) matter in the crust?

Here's my recipe (from Southern Living cookbook):
1 lb. butter, softened
3 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
4 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup milk

1. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until the yellow disappears after each addition.  Add extracts, beating just until blended.  Gradually add flour, beating at low speed until combined.  Add milk, beating until smooth.  Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
2. Bake at 325 degrees for one hour and twenty minutes or until a long wooden pick insterted in center of cake comes out clean.  Cool in pan on a wire rack for fifteen minutes.  Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.

Ideas?

--Zakattak

Baking by day. Soccer by night.

SWEETIRIS 09-08-2010 @ 10:27 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
This recipe has way way way too much sugar and butter - it will clog your arteries...  I know it may taste great but the ingredients are killers.  As we get older, we have to watch what we are feeding our bodies.  There must be a better recipe that has healthier ingredients - could we maybe substitute applesauce for one of the ingredients?

edwardmorgan 10-18-2021 @ 5:51 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

edwardmorgan 10-18-2021 @ 5:56 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 12-30-2021 @ 3:39 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts