Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / dipped frosting Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: dipped frosting -- page: 1 2 3

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

conniejean 03-06-2010 @ 3:12 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I want to adapt something like a ganache to something I can dip pieces into and have the frosting set once it is dried so that it winds up being somewhat firm (not too smushable).  Any ideas?

nikki 03-08-2010 @ 1:41 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
When the ganache is first made it is thin so it can be used as a glaze.  I would make the ganache, allow it to set for a bit so it is just a bit thicker then dip what ever you are going to dip.  Allow the ganache to set even further then use as a frosting.  Whipping the ganache once it has firmed up a bit you will have a spreadable frosting.

"Grandma Ikki"

carolwallner88@ 12-12-2012 @ 10:59 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I AM TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE FROSTING FROM CONFECTONER SUGAR THAT TURNS HARD LIKE ALMOST SUGAR THAT IS THE APPEARENCE. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THIS IS DONE

carol wallner

nikki 12-12-2012 @ 11:40 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
The only icing or frosting that I can think of that would give a smooth surface would be a Royal Icing or if you wanted Chocolate a Ganache.  The Royal would set up firm the ganache would be a bit softer.
Royal icing is a mixture of egg whites and powdered sugar.  I do not have an exact recipe with me but a quick search would bring up several.

"Grandma Ikki"

simranwinni 02-26-2018 @ 3:22 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

drhassan 04-19-2018 @ 7:47 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

thefatbakers 11-27-2018 @ 4:32 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

peter333 08-29-2019 @ 1:37 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

peter333 10-09-2019 @ 11:28 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

peter333 10-09-2019 @ 11:28 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts