Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / Frosting Cake Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Frosting Cake

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

pamchia 11-30-2007 @ 1:01 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi I have a garden party & need to do a batch of cupcakes with frosting. But butter & cheese frosting will melt in our tropical climate. What other frosting can stay intact for several hours (betw 2-6pm). Tks

pamchia

monicachackal 11-30-2007 @ 9:27 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
All I know is that butter has a melting point at  around 88... where
something like Crisco shortening is 106.
So you probably will have to lean towards a shortening type frosting, even
though the taste isn't AS good as butter. Crisco would be the most
neutral.
I got lots of answers from:
http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/PeggyBakingCorner.htm

pamchia 12-03-2007 @ 8:24 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi

Thanks for the tip. Will give it a try.

pamchia

akcooker 12-26-2007 @ 7:23 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi, I don't know if I'm too late to help out, but according to what I have read (and tried), the best frosting for hot weather is Italian Meringue Buttercream.  I've also had success with Bakery Shop Icing (or Baker's)Icing. You can get more thorough information from http://www.baking911.com/decorating/icing_glaze_choices.htm

Anne

'Best; Anne

pamchia 01-02-2008 @ 6:41 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thanks to all who responded to my query. Luckily the weather was cool so my butter frosting didnt melt down. Will try the tips you guys provide next time round. HAPPY NEW YEAR.

pamchia

edwardmorgan 12-30-2021 @ 9:46 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts