Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / Which is better Fondant....? Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Which is better Fondant....?

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

layderain 06-28-2007 @ 11:14 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I am going to be making a cake for a friend and would like to try to make fondant. What I would like to know is which is better the icing or the roll type? If anyone could help me that would be great. Thanks

Rainy

whaupwit 06-29-2007 @ 5:34 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Rainy,
I personally prefer the look of rolled fondant for large cakes. I have yet to make my own "REAL" rolled fondant because most of the recipes I found call for glucose which is pretty scarce around here. After using store bought premade fondant (from Michael's) I was very happy visually with my cakes but the taste was terrible. Everyone just at the cake and left the fondant on the plate. I later found a marshmallow fondant recipe that was easy, tasted good, and could be made with a microwave.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

I highly recommend trying this recipe. Good luck!

Danno

layderain 06-29-2007 @ 6:04 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thank you so much for the advice. I almost went and bought ready made fondant. I now know not to do that. I like my cakes to not only look good but taste good also. Without a doubt I am going to be using the recipe that you provided. Thank you so much.

Rainy

Rainy

KB 07-01-2007 @ 6:36 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have used this recipe for rolling fondant from the food network site.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_20407,00.html?rsrc=search

I made a cake for my best friend's baby shower.  It was fairly easy and tasted pretty good if you like things sweet.  Everyone really loved the cake, there were only a few people that didn't eat the fondant because it was too sweet for them.

Here is a pic of my first-time fondant cake, not too terrible, I hope.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts