Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / Chocolate cake rolls Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Chocolate cake rolls

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

talktomaria 05-17-2007 @ 1:43 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hye,

Just want to know a thing -
In the recipe of Chocolate cake rolls,it is said that we have to fold the beaten egg white into the chocolate mixture.I wonder how to is that really done.

Emkay 05-19-2007 @ 11:39 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi, Maria. My name is Maria as well. LOL To answer your question, I find it easiest to first fold 1/3 of the beaten egg white mixture into the chocolate. Then, fold the rest of the beaten egg white into the chocolate. Doing this makes it easier to incorporate the two ingredients more thoroughly without deflating the air you whipped into the egg whites. It's also key to be gentle. Using a rubber spatula, you want to "cut into the mixture in the center of the bowl. Scoop the chocolate/egg white mixture from underneath and then pile it on top of itself. Turn your bowl as work and repeat. Do not overmix. HTH

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts