Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / Substitute for non-dairy whipped topping and whipping cream Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Substitute for non-dairy whipped topping and whipping cream

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

geeker 11-24-2006 @ 1:25 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi,

There are a number of recipes that I wanted to try but they all call for the use of non-dairy whipped topping or whipping cream. Can I substitute these with whipped cream instead? I can't find both here where I live. Thanks.

Geeker

rg.james 11-27-2006 @ 7:47 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I substitute whipped cream (sweetened with powdered sugar) almost ALL the time when a recipe calls for non-dairy whipped topping (aka whipped antifreeze).  I avoid eating the stuff I call whipped antifreeze almost at all costs.

The powdered sugar seems to keep the whipped cream stable (i.e. does not liquify readily).  I've bought stablilizers but for most purposes, just using the powdered sugar works great for me.

May your calories be small,
Queen James

geeker 12-06-2006 @ 2:41 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thanks Queen James.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts