Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / During delivery how to keep strawberries on the cake Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: During delivery how to keep strawberries on the cake

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

cakebyheather 07-18-2007 @ 1:23 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I like to use fresh strawberries on my cheesecakes but I like a light glaze with it.  It really goes well when making a strawberry shortcake but I like it with my vanilla chessecakes too. I found this recipe in Paula Deen's "The Lady & Sons Just Desserts."
1c. sugar, 3 Tbsp cornstarch, 3 Tbsp strawberry Jell-O, 1 c. water, 2 c. fresh strawberries, cut in half. I sauce pan, stir together sugar, cornstarch, and Jell-O; add water. Cook over med. heat until thick. Remove & cool completely. Fold in berries & spread over cheesecake.  I like to garnish with piped fresh whipped cream.  Good luck!!

natcat 06-28-2007 @ 10:51 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
   The cheesecake you make with the strawberry topping on it, needs to stay very cold, & it should be placed on top of something in your car, or van so it stays even and not on an angle, to stay on top of the cheesecake, also, it matters how you drive, hopefully not too fast..
   Don't take the cheesecake out of the fridge, until you're ready to leave, to deliever it, then box it up in a nice box, bigger then the cheesecake....
   All types of cheesecakes should be refridgerated, when they are cooled off, & after the people have some, then they should be put in the fridge again...

Have A Sweet Day!!
    Carol

Jenniefrances 01-10-2007 @ 8:08 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Do you mean the one with the Strawberry topping ? Maybe your topping needs to be less runny, ie can you add gelatine ?
Jennie

Hasna 06-15-2006 @ 10:23 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hey all,

I'm new to the forum but very happy that I found this site.

Ok I had a question, does anyone know how to keep my strawberries from sliding off my Cheesecake during delivery?

I deliver them myself and a lot of times by the time it gets to the customer the strawberries have slide off and it doesn't look to presentable.

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Hasna
Ummmm.....Cheesecake!
www.freewebs.com/ummmmcheesecake/

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts