Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / Cakes will not come out of pan Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cakes will not come out of pan

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

hepeskin 04-09-2006 @ 5:52 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I have just made a 9x13 coconut cake and it will not come out of the pan for cooling.  This is the second one I have made with this problem. I used oil spray and flour on the pan before baking.  Somewhere I read that this problem occurs if you leave it in the pan for too long. However, the second cake still does not come out, after only a few minutes of standing in the pan.  What could be the problem? Heather

Heather

diana 04-09-2006 @ 7:39 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Heather,

The problem you're having with getting your cake to come out of the 9 x 13 inch pan is a problem so many of us have. I have two recommendations.

1. Grease pan, then line pan with parchment paper, then grease parchment paper. Your cake should come out quite easily when you prepare it this way. And yes, it is a good idea to let the cake rest in the pan for 5-10 minutes.

2. The second thing I would do if you make cakes in 9 x 13 inch pans alot is to buy a 9 x 13 inch springform pan. This way, all you have to do is grease and flour your pan, and I sugguest still lining with parchment paper, then just unlatch the sides once the cake has rested for 5 to 10 minutes. These pans are somewhat new on the market. They are great for the kind of problems you're having. You can also make rectangular cheesecakes in them if you like. Here's one place you can purchase them online:

9 x 13-inch Rectangular Cake Pan at Cooking.com
http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=203153

I hope this information helps you out. Please keep us informed and if you got one of these pans and how well it worked for you.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

hepeskin 04-09-2006 @ 5:58 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Dear Diana: Thank you - I will get both the springform pan and the parchment paper - I make a lot of 9x13 cakes for functions. Heather

Heather

diana 04-09-2006 @ 6:48 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Heather,

I really think you will like this 9 x 13-inch springform pan. When you see how easy it is to release the sides and your cakes come out so easily, you will be so pleased.

Good Luck and please let me know how everything works out. By the way, Kaiser makes other sizes and shapes of Springform pans that are so useful for cakes, brownies, cheesecakes, etc. What a great idea! Now home bakers have the same advantages as professional bakers. These pans are terrific. I especially like the 8 or 9-inch square springform pans. Great for brownies and other bar type treats.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

hepeskin 04-22-2006 @ 3:00 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Well, I got the Kaiser springform 9x13" pan - today I made a butter cake (have used the recipe before).  This time, it came out of the pan perfectly - what bliss,just to unlock the spring and the side of the pan fall off. I then turned the cake to cool - it turned upside down very nicely.  I am very happy with my purchase. Thank you so much.  One big thing - I know the baking times for the pan should be less than the recipe - the cake is just a bit dry, next time I will make it 10 mins. less, not 5 mins. (as I did tonight).  Am looking forward to frosting it. Heather

Heather

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts