Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / Help on pandan chiffon cake Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Help on pandan chiffon cake

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

ongsl76 04-02-2006 @ 5:38 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi , I am trying to bake the pandan chiffon cake. However I have encountered some problems

1)My top layer is burnt badly
2)My cake did not rise at all
3)The inside of the cake is moist instead of the spongy texture
I have done exactly as the recipe instructed but I dont know what went wrong. My oven has this knob of lower heat element and upper heat element. Which option shld I turn to? Or shld I off this knob and leave the temperature and timer on only ? How long shld I beat the egg using the high speed option ? Does preheat for too long will cause the cake to be burnt outside but inside uncooked?

Anyone here can give me some pointers?

Thks

Joanne

Jenniefrances 05-14-2006 @ 2:17 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi,
You should beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. I usually bake for 3 mins at 200c then 180c for 30 mins.
Jennie

Jenniefrances 05-14-2006 @ 2:30 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
By the way, my pandan chiffon cake works out well, nice and fluffy and rises very high, but when I take it out of the oven to cool it sinks down a bit in the middle, any one know how to fix this ? I normally leave it in the tin and turn the tin upside down to cool. I remove it when completely cold. I use a tall ring tin.

Thanks

ongsl76 05-16-2006 @ 2:56 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Jennie, thks for the reply. My pandan cake is getting better now. But the cake did not rise as high as the normal one. Is there any tips to have a higher rising cake.

Jenniefrances 09-05-2006 @ 8:20 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Make sure the eggs are at room temperature before you start and when you seperate them, make sure there are is no egg yolk in your egg whites. You should also be using baking powder or SR Flour. Preheating for too long shoudl not cause a problem. And also do not open the oven door part way through cooking
Good Luck !
Jennie

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts