Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / i need help Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: i need help

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

maria 08-31-2005 @ 6:42 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
hi, i just wanted to know if any of you know how to make a butter cake moist... i've tried making one several times and it ends up dry...

natcat 01-02-2006 @ 10:04 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

quote:

Happy New Year maria

Just a couple of questions??? do you have an oven temperature gauge??they are very useful. & when you place a cake in the oven, to be baked, do you have it on the "middle rack"??so it doesn't get too hot. & do you use whole milk, if it calls for it?? & are ALL of the ingredients at room temperature?? it's important to have the butter, milk, eggs, etc.. at room temp., and not to be in a hurry when mixing your batter, also,you might want to replace all-purpose flour with cake flour. ** make sure you have unsalted butter( not margarine) Good, Luck Carol Wink

Have A Sweet day!!

katieb 03-09-2006 @ 6:42 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
i  like to use a little magerine in my cakes

best baker

natcat 03-09-2006 @ 11:08 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello Katieb
  You can go right ahead and use margarine if you wish to do so. I know that it is very bad for our health, & I prefer not to just take it for granted that everything is going to be ok, just because it is a "little bit" of margarine.
  My father had " triple bypass heart surgery", not too long ago, & any & all of us could be in Dad's shoes.
  It may sound pretty dramatic, however, we cook and bake with ingredients that are good for our health,
  go ahead and use margarine,& other "artery-clogging ingredients", that's your wish.
   An "ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure"
  We don't want to have our chest slit open to have some of our arteries replaced with better ones, that let the blood flow through.
  Thanks, Smile

Have A Sweet Day!!
    Carol

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts