Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / Baking Tips & Ideas / Cream Cheese Frosting Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cream Cheese Frosting -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

sunjan 09-28-2004 @ 3:31 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi,

I need some help. My frosting always turns out runny and too sweet. Just how long do I need to beat the mixture in order to get the right consistency so that it can spread well on the cake? Please help.

Sunjan

diana 09-29-2004 @ 12:27 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Sunjan,

For a fluffier icing, beat the buttercream or cream cheese icing on low to medium speed for about an additional 10 minutes than usually needed. For a super smooth (not fluffy) buttercream or cream cheese icing, don't beat as long, maybe 5 minutes.

As far as sweetness goes, I would just cut down on the amount of sugar you are using in the icing recipe. Add sugar a little at a time, tasting to get the right sweetness for your particular taste.

Take care and I hope this information helps you out.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

This message was edited by diana on 9-29-04 @ 6:17 PM

Jillpeck 12-20-2004 @ 11:30 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I don't beat mine frostings and all.  I just blend quite well to make sure all the ingredients are mixed in well and no chunks are visible.  If it seems runny at the time, then I add more powdered sugar.  Better too sweet than too runny!

Jill S. Peck

Rehoboamuhl 05-28-2022 @ 10:21 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

greenpharm 05-08-2023 @ 9:23 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

alishakihn 08-10-2023 @ 12:06 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

ups237 09-01-2023 @ 1:15 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

xeniaer 04-01-2024 @ 2:22 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

seoulimmigratio 04-04-2024 @ 5:12 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

seoulimmigratio 04-04-2024 @ 5:12 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts