Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / substitute for sour cream Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: substitute for sour cream

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

Sheela_k 10-22-2009 @ 7:49 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi, can i substitute sour cream with something else? or can i make it at home? please help.

snoboard 10-26-2009 @ 7:08 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
You can use plain yogurt for the creamy texture and 1 Tspn lemon juice for the flavor of tartness of the sour cream.

This message was edited by snoboard on 10-26-09 @ 8:07 PM

nikki 11-15-2009 @ 12:00 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
If I use yogurt in place of sour cream I use the "Greek Style" yogurt.  It has a thicker richer texture than regular yogurt.  Or drain regular yogurt for 30 minutes or so in a piece of paper towel or cheesecloth. Draining it gets rid of a bit of the excess water.

"Grandma Ikki"

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 8:10 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts