Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / ITALIAN CREAM CAKE Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: ITALIAN CREAM CAKE -- page: 1 2

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

sanockikell 10-29-2007 @ 11:12 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello
I am wondering if anyone has a recipe for an Italian Cream Cake.  It is cake and cheesecake all together.  I can purchase it from a large wholesale store, but I sure would prefer to make it.
The cheesecake part is rich but light and slightly lemony. The cake is white and moist.  Any thoughts?
Thank you.
Kelly

kds

diana 10-30-2007 @ 7:23 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Kelly,

This is Diana from Diana's Desserts website.

Do you mean the traditional Italian Cream Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting where there is no cream cheese in the cake itself, only in the frosting? Please let me know.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

sanockikell 10-30-2007 @ 8:39 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thanks for replying.  Actually this particular cake is called Italian Cream cake on the box.  However it does have a layer of cream cheese in the cake and it seems to be frosted in a cream cheese type frosting.  Sams Club in MN sells it and it is wonderful.  I would just rather make it.
Thank you!!

kds

diana 10-31-2007 @ 8:17 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Kelly,

There are many Italian Cream Cake recipes on the internet if you do a search on Google.com. Most of them are layer cakes with cream cheese filling and icing mixed with pecans and or coconut. I suggest you start your search from there as I have not seen a recipe with a cream cheese layer, but you might be able to find one if you do a search.
Good luck and please let us know if you found the recipe.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

sanockikell 11-02-2007 @ 5:58 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thank you!! I will try that next.
Smile

kds

krogerbest 06-08-2021 @ 8:59 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

edwardmorgan 02-05-2022 @ 3:35 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 02-26-2022 @ 3:44 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 03-04-2022 @ 4:43 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

edwardmorgan 03-04-2022 @ 4:47 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts