Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Ground Cardamon Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Ground Cardamon -- page: 1 2 3 4 5

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

hepeskin 01-29-2007 @ 12:56 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello; I would like to try out a recipe for Swedish cream cake calling for ground cardamon from the fresh pods (apparently bought ground cardamon loses its flavor quickly).  Does this mean I should remove the fine seeds and grind them or should I grind the spice pods and all? Thanks. Heather

Heather

diana 01-30-2007 @ 10:33 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Heather,

I have done a little research on the web and found at least 2 ways to grind cardamom.

In a recipe for Cardamom Coffee Cake from Martha Stewart, she says to:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake cardamom pods on a rimmed baking sheet until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack; let cool completely. Finely grind cardamom in a spice grinder. Pass through a large-mesh sieve; set aside.

From a Cardamom Rolls recipe from Sunset Magazine, it says:

Remove cardamom seeds from pods and grind them in a clean coffee grinder or with a mortar and pestle.

So you have a choice, and I think either way will work for you.

Good luck.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

hepeskin 02-10-2007 @ 4:23 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello, Diana: Thanks for the advice about grinding the cardomon.  I removed the seeds from each pod and ground up a teaspoon of them in a coffee grinder.  My cream cake came out nice and soft with a delicate flavor of cardomon - unusual and very  nice.  Heather

Heather

BethRuiz 04-29-2022 @ 1:06 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Sorry, this message can not be displayed at this time.
It has not been approved by an administrator or moderator.

billyroberts 05-16-2022 @ 11:38 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

martinkunis11 05-19-2022 @ 11:31 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Keltanmath 08-08-2022 @ 1:36 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

zlatko 08-08-2022 @ 7:05 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

zlatko 08-08-2022 @ 7:05 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

zlatko 08-08-2022 @ 7:06 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts