Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Cup Measurements Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Cup Measurements

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

riverina_ripple 01-14-2007 @ 2:30 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
This website is amazing! There's so many recipes I want to try out, but I'm a bit confused with the whole measurement conversion thing between countries. I'm from Australia, so the standard cup measure is 250mL and 1 tbsp is 20mL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think UK cup measurements are the same except they use different tablespoon measures (15mL instead of 20mL). Am I correct in thinking that the recipes on this website use American measurements? That would mean that 1 cup is 240mL and one tablespoon is 15mL, right? :S:S:S someone help!

hepeskin 01-15-2007 @ 8:08 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello: I've just been going thru the cup measurement thing the other way around - I love the Australian Women's Weekly website but was worried about the different measurements. I finally got some Aussie measuring cups through Epicurious Australia.  For American measures, I would not worry about conversions but rather just purchase some regular cup/spoon measurements at any hardware store and just use those for the recipes here in the US.

Heather

riverina_ripple 01-15-2007 @ 10:52 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Heather; thanks for your reply. unfortunately, I don't think they sell American cup and spoon measures here at all. Frown  oh well.

hepeskin 01-17-2007 @ 8:52 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello, again: You might try Epicurious Australia on the internet.  If you would like me to purchase a plastic cups/spoons set here (they are really inexpensive) I can get some for you - will let you know the cost and mailing, which also will not be too expensive as the items are light.  Just let me know and I will get to work on it.  Heather

Heather

riverina_ripple 01-18-2007 @ 5:58 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hi Heather,

I'll be checking out the epicurious site; thanks!

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts