Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Guava pulp/concentrate Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Guava pulp/concentrate

Printer-friendly Version  new posts last

hepeskin 10-21-2006 @ 2:21 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Hello, Diana: Do you know a good website where I can get guava pulp and/or concentrate. I managed to get some guava paste at my supermarket but am not having any luck with the other items.  I want to make that beautiful looking guava cake with the pink icing on your site. Thanks. Heather

Heather

diana 10-22-2006 @ 9:17 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi Heather,

Frozen Guava Pulp (or puree) can usually be found in the frozen section of Latino or Hispanic markets. Otherwise, buying it online is very expensive because of the shipping (becauce it's frozen, it must be shipped overnight). So, I would first look in Latin markets if you have any near by to where you live.

As far as Guava Concentrate, the nectar can also usually be found in Latin markets in 12 ounce cans. Or it is sold online at Amazon.com:

Guava Nectar in 12 ounce cans at Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Jumex-Guava-Nectar-12-5-oz/dp/B0000GIQZ0/sr=1-5/qid=1161531327/ref=sr_1_5/102-6563841-8644929?ie=UTF8&s=gourmet-food

Also, Amazon sells (well, it's actually Mexgrocer.com that sells it on Amazon.com) a concentrated Guava Nectar (juice):

Guava Nectar Concentrate
http://www.amazon.com/Fiesta-Guava-Concentrated-Drink-OZ/dp/B0000GIVAK/sr=1-13/qid=1161531327/ref=sr_1_13/102-6563841-8644929?ie=UTF8&s=gourmet-food

What you need for the recipe is Guava Nectar (juice) and Guava Pulp or Puree.

Good luck and if you make the cake, please let us know how it turned out.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

hepeskin 10-23-2006 @ 4:01 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
Thank you, Diana. There is a Latino grocery store in my neighborhood so I will look there. I have sometimes bought food on Amazon, but, yes, I agree the mailing costs are sky high.  Thank you also for the advice on using light color cake pans - I am tempted to throw out my dark, non-stick pans. Best. Heather

Heather

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts