Diana's Desserts Forum

Diana's Desserts Forum / By The Oven / Bundt Cakes Search | Register | Log In
     Reply to this DiscussionReply to this Discussion << previous discussion || next discussion >> 
Posted By Discussion Topic: Bundt Cakes

Printer-friendly Version  new posts first

diana 08-20-2006 @ 10:06 AM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
Administrator
more info 
Hi tootie,

Welcome to Diana's Desserts Discussion Forum.

When you need to know how much batter a particular size cake pan (in this case, a bundt pan) will hold, fill the pan up to the inside rim with water using a liquid measuring cup. This will give you the exact amount of liquid that the pan will hold, although you wouldn't fill it with that much batter or the cake would overflow while baking.

You should only fill a bundt pan half way full with batter because when you're baking with bundt pans, the cake tends to dome so you don't want to overfill the pan.

Most store-bought cake mixes make 4 to 5 1/2 cups of batter so if you want to use a 10-inch (or 10-cup) bundt pan instead of your 12-cup capacity bundt pan, there should be no problem, but remember to measure the pan first with water. For instance, if your new 10 cup (or 10-inch) pan holds 10 cups of water, then it will easily hold (for baking purposes) as much as 5 to 6 or so cups of batter.

Hope this information helps you out.

Sincerely, Diana
Diana's Desserts

tootie 08-16-2006 @ 12:02 PM                           Reply to this Discussion   Edit This Message   Delete This Message.
more info 
I've been looking at several new bundt pans.  Currently, my old one is a 12 cup capacity and easily holds one cake mix or one recipe.  However, many of the new ones are 10 cup capacity so does that mean that I can only have 5 cups of batter to make the cake come out right?

Diana's Desserts Forum Home | Back to Diana's Desserts Home Page | Contact the Webmaster

© 2004 Diana's Desserts